Five Best Reasons to Night Ride Contest- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 27 of 27
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Baja Designs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    579

    Five Best Reasons to Night Ride Contest

    So I have been thinking of a new contest...

    Up for grabs is a brand new Baja Designs Strykr or Strykr Pro, heck let's make this interesting, let's make it a Strykr AND a Strykr Pro!

    The contest starts today and ends on July 31st, 2011. This one is simple; what are the five best reasons to go night mountain biking? The five reasons with the most "Likes" at the end of the month wins!

    Just hit the Baja Designs Bicycle Lighting Facebook page at:

    http://www.facebook.com/bajadesigns.bicycle

    Post your five best reasons to night ride and maybe you'll win $643.90 worth of Life-Time Warrantied bike lights!

    There's already a few good lists on the page, I look forward to seeing what you guys and gals come up with!

    Good luck!,

    Shannon Scott
    Baja Designs Bicycle Lighting
    www.BajaDesigns.com

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Baja Designs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    579
    We have a little over a week left of the "Five reasons to Night Ride" contest!

    There have been some awesome entries made thus far, you can check them out at the Baja Designs Bicycle Lighting page on Facebook.

    We'll let you know who won the contest on Tuesday the 2nd. Good luck!

    Shannon

  3. #3
    turtles make me hot
    Reputation: NYrr496's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    10,463
    I'd love to join in but I can't find the contest on the link. Do I have to have a Facebook account?
    I like turtles

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Baja Designs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496 View Post
    I'd love to join in but I can't find the contest on the link. Do I have to have a Facebook account?
    Hi NYrr496,

    Here's the Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/bajadesigns.bicycle

    It'd be easiest if you had a FB account yourself but if not I can cut and paste your list of five if you'd like. Just post them here and I'll put them up on the Baja Designs Bicycle Lighting Facebook page.

    Hopefully that will help, let me know if you have any other questions.

    Shannon

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mattthemuppet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,374
    got my entry in, there are a couple of sad peeps in my group still using single MiNewts, so a couple of strykers would be much appreciated

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rakuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    838
    Matt now all you have to do is get all your facebook friends to go to Bajas page and like your comments like that other poster did hes got 24 likes compared to everyone elses 4 to 7, so if we get everyone on here to give you a like you are a shoe in. I gave you a like to get it started.
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking


  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mattthemuppet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuman View Post
    Matt now all you have to do is get all your facebook friends to go to Bajas page and like your comments like that other poster did hes got 24 likes compared to everyone elses 4 to 7, so if we get everyone on here to give you a like you are a shoe in. I gave you a like to get it started.
    thanks dude, that put a smile on my face

    unfortunately, even if I got my mum and my wife to like it (like I did for the last contest!), made up accounts for my 2 girls, their 2 guinea pigs AND Thomas the Rabbit, I'd still way behind

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Baja Designs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by mattthemuppet View Post
    thanks dude, that put a smile on my face

    unfortunately, even if I got my mum and my wife to like it (like I did for the last contest!), made up accounts for my 2 girls, their 2 guinea pigs AND Thomas the Rabbit, I'd still way behind
    Hey Matt, I'll get my wife to vote for yours too!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11

    stryker

    Shannon, I got a 24 hr. here in Hawaii on Aug. 5-6 and I need some lights. I 've tried called you at office with no responce. Wanted to know if you can get a stryker ouy here next week. Please PM me thanks Haolerider

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12
    Shannon, I looked at the facebook page and saw your reference to the 2012 Baja Designs Strykr SL 1000 lumen light system. Can you tell us any more?

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Baja Designs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by haolerider View Post
    Shannon, I got a 24 hr. here in Hawaii on Aug. 5-6 and I need some lights. I 've tried called you at office with no responce. Wanted to know if you can get a stryker ouy here next week. Please PM me thanks Haolerider
    Hi Haolerider,

    We can get you set up by then, no problem. Email me at [email protected] and I will send you a form, just fill it out and scan/fax it back to me and we can get a system or two out to you tomorrow.

    We have a race special on a Strykr/Strykr Pro combo for $400 or you can do a Strykr for $200 or a Strykr Pro for $244.95. Just let me know what fits your needs best and we'll get it done for you.

    Thanks,

    Shannon

    PS - Sorry about the phone, not sure what's up with that, I don't have any outstanding messages...weird...

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Baja Designs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by fighitter View Post
    Shannon, I looked at the facebook page and saw your reference to the 2012 Baja Designs Strykr SL 1000 lumen light system. Can you tell us any more?
    Good eye Fighitter! I am going to post some spy photos and start talking about the forthcoming Strykr SL and Strykr II shortly...(dramatic pause)...just not yet. I did write a little bit about the system and what I thought of it after the moto night ride I led on Saturday night on the Facebook page - I was impressed - riding fast on an MX bike using only bike lights was rad.

    I will put some photos up within the next few days. We'll be debuting the SL out at the big "Mountain Bike in the Moonlight" night ride in Arizona this weekend.

    Stay tuned...

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4
    Just a quick question (Pretty sure I saw it in your pics on your facebook page just double checking)
    The handlebar mount will in fact clamp over a 31.8mm bar (More specifically the actual 31.8mm part next to the stem)

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11

    stryker for 24 hr. in Hawaii

    Quote Originally Posted by BajaDesignsShannon View Post
    Hi Haoler get a system or two out to you tomorrow.

    We have a race special on a Strykr/Strykr Pro combo for $400 or you can do a Strykr for $200 or a Strykr Pro for $244.95. Just let me know what fits your needs best and we'll get it done for you.

    Thanks,

    Shannon

    PS - Sorry about the phone, not sure what's up with that, I don't have any outstanding messages...weird...
    Shannon sent you a email, if you didn't receive it, let me know they won't let me put my email address in this post . I'm want the combo setup. Thanks Haolerider

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Baja Designs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFox1290 View Post
    Just a quick question (Pretty sure I saw it in your pics on your facebook page just double checking)
    The handlebar mount will in fact clamp over a 31.8mm bar (More specifically the actual 31.8mm part next to the stem)
    Hi ShadoxFox1290,

    The handlebar clamps we have will all fit perfectly on a 31.8mm bar. Let me know if you have any other questions.

    Shannon

  16. #16
    turtles make me hot
    Reputation: NYrr496's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    10,463
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaDesignsShannon View Post
    Hi NYrr496,

    Here's the Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/bajadesigns.bicycle

    It'd be easiest if you had a FB account yourself but if not I can cut and paste your list of five if you'd like. Just post them here and I'll put them up on the Baja Designs Bicycle Lighting Facebook page.

    Hopefully that will help, let me know if you have any other questions.

    Shannon
    Thanks. Here...

    1- Riding at night gets my big ass off the Bowflex and away from the TV.
    2- Allows me to ride at the better, farther away trail because when I do it during the day, the wife complains I spend too much time away.
    3- I'm usually alone on the trails which are usually kinda busy. I hate riding on the two way trails during the day. I hate head on collisions.
    4- I love the looks I get at the street crossings when I cross the tree line.
    5- Night riding makes me even more prepared and my bike in perfect tune. Breaking down in daylight sucks. Being stuck in the woods at night totally sucks.
    I like turtles

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Baja Designs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496 View Post
    Thanks. Here...

    1- Riding at night gets my big ass off the Bowflex and away from the TV.
    2- Allows me to ride at the better, farther away trail because when I do it during the day, the wife complains I spend too much time away.
    3- I'm usually alone on the trails which are usually kinda busy. I hate riding on the two way trails during the day. I hate head on collisions.
    4- I love the looks I get at the street crossings when I cross the tree line.
    5- Night riding makes me even more prepared and my bike in perfect tune. Breaking down in daylight sucks. Being stuck in the woods at night totally sucks.
    Very cool! I had to abbreviate some lines (sorry) because of FB's 420 character limit, but people will still get the point I think.

    Good Luck!!!

    Shannon

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11

    combo pack

    Shannon, wanted to thankyou for your UNREAL customer service! You my friend are the real deal. Already got the UPS # and I'll be smiling by tuesday. I'll let you know how the 24 hr. went. On paper we should kick some ass. Thanks again.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    172
    Top 5 reasons to do a night ride:

    5. Because you KNOW you can outride the boogieman/bigfoot/sasquatch!!
    4. Because you can feel like you are flying thru a train tunnel
    3. Because you don't have to see how ugly yer ride bros really are.
    2. Because you can cut the lights and scare your ride buddies around the rocks/tree/bushes

    and the number one best reason to ride at night.....





    1. Because you can....oh sh*t what was that sound?!?!?!??? RIDE!

  20. #20
    turtles make me hot
    Reputation: NYrr496's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    10,463
    One awesome thing about riding at night... One night, last December, I was riding the Greenbelt Trail on Long Island. It's a narrow strip of woods and I could see lights from homes on both sides of me through the trees. In over twenty years riding there, I'd NEVER seen anything bigger than a squirrel or rabbit. One night, I spotted the biggest eight point buck I've ever seen. Where could that thing possibly live?
    I like turtles

  21. #21
    VENI VEDI BIKI
    Reputation: skankingbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    836
    Quote Originally Posted by AZG23 View Post
    1. Because you can....oh sh*t what was that sound?!?!?!??? RIDE!
    +1

    Despite being more than 30 years of age, it never ceases to amaze me how many strange creatures my subconscious can conjure up running alonside me in the bush.

  22. #22
    turtles make me hot
    Reputation: NYrr496's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    10,463
    Quote Originally Posted by skankingbiker View Post
    +1

    Despite being more than 30 years of age, it never ceases to amaze me how many strange creatures my subconscious can conjure up running alonside me in the bush.
    Wanna really be freaked out? Watch The Walking Dead on AMC and then go for a night ride.
    I like turtles

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Baja Designs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by haolerider View Post
    Shannon, wanted to thankyou for your UNREAL customer service! You my friend are the real deal. Already got the UPS # and I'll be smiling by tuesday. I'll let you know how the 24 hr. went. On paper we should kick some ass. Thanks again.
    You are welcome, now just go kick some butt - we just ask for victory or death...oh wait...this isn't the Corps. Kick some ass in our name anyway!

    Semper Fi!

    PS - I look forward to hearing how your race goes, feel free to send some pictures and whatnot and I'll put them up on the FB page.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Baja Designs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496 View Post
    One awesome thing about riding at night... One night, last December, I was riding the Greenbelt Trail on Long Island. It's a narrow strip of woods and I could see lights from homes on both sides of me through the trees. In over twenty years riding there, I'd NEVER seen anything bigger than a squirrel or rabbit. One night, I spotted the biggest eight point buck I've ever seen. Where could that thing possibly live?
    Hah! That is crazy! Amazing where animals will live eh?

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Baja Designs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    579
    So Lads and Lasses, I will kinda be out of the loop for a day or three. I'll be in AZ for a few days for a big night ride, I will be keeping tabs on things from my battle-worn iPhone though.

    Good luck to everybody on the contest! What kind of contest should we run for August??

  26. #26
    turtles make me hot
    Reputation: NYrr496's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    10,463
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaDesignsShannon View Post
    So Lads and Lasses, I will kinda be out of the loop for a day or three. I'll be in AZ for a few days for a big night ride, I will be keeping tabs on things from my battle-worn iPhone though.

    Good luck to everybody on the contest! What kind of contest should we run for August??
    Best night ride photos
    I like turtles

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by AZG23 View Post
    Top 5 reasons to do a night ride:

    5. Because you KNOW you can outride the boogieman/bigfoot/sasquatch!!
    4. Because you can feel like you are flying thru a train tunnel
    3. Because you don't have to see how ugly yer ride bros really are.
    2. Because you can cut the lights and scare your ride buddies around the rocks/tree/bushes

    and the number one best reason to ride at night.....





    1. Because you can....oh sh*t what was that sound?!?!?!??? RIDE!
    I dont post on FB...so please add mine to the page...thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. I need the top 3 reasons you ride SS, please
    By Finch Platte in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 10:43 PM
  2. Reasons not to ride?
    By Tidybeard in forum Turner
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-01-2008, 01:18 AM
  3. 11th Annual Halloween Night Ride & Costume Contest 10/27
    By mergs in forum New York - New Jersey
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 05:34 AM
  4. One of the reasons I ride...
    By jarrod7219 in forum Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 03:33 PM
  5. 10 more reasons to ride a bike
    By Dr.Faustus in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-23-2004, 03:15 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.