First night ride tonight.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2015

First night ride tonight.

Went and picked up a Light and Motion 500 bar light last weekend, and did a cheap and dorky zip tie+ mini maglite mount on my helmet. My intention was to go to the trail right at dusk, but plans changed and ill be going later than i originally planned. Been looking forward to it all day- I hope the boogie man doesnt get me!

mtbr member
    The mind is a terrible thing to taste. When I did my first night rides every sound I heard coming from the bushes freaked me out and made me go faster. My heartrate was way up to. Now, I just ride.

Have fun!

Also, if you are going to ride at night frequently get a second light. One for the bars and one for the helmet. There are plenty of inexpensive lights that do the trick. Also, if one light goes out, you still have a second light.

And most importantly, have fun!
    You cannot go against nature, because when you do, its part of nature too.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I strapped a mag lite to my helmet and im glad i did. The helmet light is awesome to have- i feel like i could have used my cheap Bell brand walmart bar light and been fine as long as i had my helmet light too. I felt every bit as fast as i do on my day rides. And i didnt walk at all.

Weirdly, i didnt get the creeps or anything. My scariest moment was when i thought i crossed a skunk's path. Just a shadow lol.

Finally, i met some guys in the parking lot that have been at this location EVERY time ive been there. They mentioned a website or facebook page or forum that they post their ride plans on, but i cant remember. Ill make sure to ask next time i see them- they are really fast and itll be nice to have some riding aquaintances.

All in all it was a blast, and i rode the best i ever have. Turns I braked through before snuck up on me and forced me to lean over and MTFU this time.

I like turtles
    For around $25 you can get a Solarstorm X2 on mount it on your helmet...far and away better than a maglite.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2018 Niner RKT 9 RDO - enduro AF

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by TiGeo View Post
    For around $25 you can get a Solarstorm X2 on mount it on your helmet...far and away better than a maglite.
    Thanks ill check it out. Maybe the wife will buy it for my birthday next week.

RAKC
    Just be warned, all are not the same. Think Tigeo has an early one that was actually good, only place right now that I know of to still get the good ones is gearbest. Not sure about battery packs though, they seem to work ok for some, I avoid the chinese lottery and get quality packs. I bought an SSX2 off ebay.....its buried in the junk pile (got a refund).