Fenix BT30R Light battery pack adapter (2x18650)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2016

New question here. Fenix BT30R Light battery pack adapter (2x18650)

Hi everyone,

I'm having a helluva a time finding either a Fenix BA2B or BA4C battery pack/case. Everywhere seems to be sold out.

The Fenix pack the light comes with has a male connector on the end, unlike most of the cheap knock-offs, which all seem to be of the female variety.

Can anyone direct me either to (a) a reputable US-based source for either the BA2B or BA4C packs/cases, or (b) suggest a reasonable alternative? I'd prefer to avoid soldering up something myself, on the assumption that someone must surely sell what I need. I'd prefer to get a simple case with the appropriate plug on the end, so I can use my own 18650 batteries. Ideally, the case would be easy to open/close so I can charge them using a decent charger.

Thanks for any suggestions

RAKC
    They discontinued that case, you'll have to contact fenix directly to see what options they have available.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    I found a place that stocks them and would ship. Here is the link. I didnot buy it because it is a bit pricey for my limited use
    Fenix BA4C Battery Case (2x18650 Holder) for Fenix Bike Lights - BT10, BT20, BTR20, BT30R | Lightorati, India

RAKC
    no way id buy anything from india with a website thats well done in english and doesnt list paypal. Scam site if there ever was one.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Well tigris.
    1. I have no affiliation with that website. It is the only place that I found having them as in stock.
    2. The site might well be legit or it might not be.
    3. Just tried checking out. Seems pretty weird to not offer paypal as you mentioned. Maybe if someone needs one, they can contact the website for paypal options.

EDIT: Just found this out...

"Mon-Sun: 9am to 9pm
    (by appointment only)"

EDIT2: Here is their FB page...
    https://www.facebook.com/lightorati

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountainking7 View Post
    Seems pretty weird to not offer paypal as you mentioned. Maybe if someone needs one, they can contact the website for paypal options.
    Offtopic: AFAIK, there's no way for PayPal to operate in India in its common manner, due to some legal problems. I've once bought eBay item from Indian seller, and at the payment stage was redirected to some site looked visually similar to PayPal but with different name. Called eBay support immediately, but they've assured me the site is legit, and used for eBay payments due to mentioned problems. It was named "PaisPay" or something like that...

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Yeah, I'd found that lightorati.in site, but am not really sold on the idea of using it. They apparently use some third-party to process the payment. Hmm.

RAKC
    I have an interesting question, didn't that light come with a pack? What's wrong with the current one (since im assuming its a sealed unit)?

If you have the current pack/case and know someone who plays with RC or electronic, could be a much more simple fix for you. All other connectors being the opposite isnt "cheap knock offs", fenix is one of the very, very few that use the reversed connectors. Most brands out there, including ones well above fenix, use the normal female connector on the pack, male on the head.

So if you have the included unit (or hell I think I have both male ends off my fenix cases). A friend that knows how to use a soldering iron can change the connector on any pack to solve your issue. Or make an adapter so you can use any round connector pack you want.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    There's a UK company that has the BA4C in stock 12.95($18.47) ..maybe you could contact them to see if they'd ship to the US? Although the combined total is going to be quite expensive just for a case..

https://www.abcstore.co.uk/Excellent...p-230-726.aspx

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    I have an interesting question, didn't that light come with a pack? What's wrong with the current one (since im assuming its a sealed unit)?
    Ah, I should have included more motivation for the question. The pack that the light included works fine. I'd simply like to get another one so that when the batteries drain, I can swap it with a spare right away, while I'm away from the house. I was simply hoping to avoid buying one of the alternatives and making an aftermarket modification to it.

Is anyone aware of the precise type of connector on the Fenix pack? Perhaps breaking out the soldering iron and modifying some other pack's connector is the only viable solution here.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan89 View Post
    There's a UK company that has the BA4C in stock 12.95($18.47) ..maybe you could contact them to see if they'd ship to the US? Although the combined total is going to be quite expensive just for a case..

https://www.abcstore.co.uk/Excellent...p-230-726.aspx
    Thanks for the link! I just contacted them, we'll see what they say. Agreed that it's expensive. Hmm.

RAKC
    They use a proprietary connector, part of the reason I swapped out. The center is standard dc, but normal connectors everyone else uses the rubber outer casing is a different size. I'll see if I can find the ones I removed from my cases.