Fenix bc 30- Mtbr.com

Thread: Fenix bc 30

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

Fenix bc 30

Hi guys and gals. I recently picked up a Fenix bc30 light. Loving the light. Its been great for riding trails at night and in the city. Just wanted to share incase anybody is considering one. Its been worth every penny. Cheers

mtbr member

Fenix bc 30

I live mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Ya I saw your youtube review. Good stuff.

mtbr member

Fenix bc 30

Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I would've liked a better way to secure it to the handle bar. Its a heavy light and will move if not snugged tight.

mtbr member

Fenix bc 30

I've found the mount one of the best I've tried.

banned
    Sep 2010
    I loved nine for the last month or so, right up until yesterday. The one thing that was always a bit difficult was the closing/locking mech. for the battery tray.It was very very tight, which could be a good thing in terms of seal-a-bility. After the first week, though, the lanyard/lever for closing/locking it in place failed, and I resorted to just using chanel lock pliers to close it tight.

Until yesterday, when the entire mechanism stripped out. Now, no functioning light.

I have also lost the packaging the light came in, but I'm going to contact Fenix with my tale of woe and see if they won't have pity on me and sen me a new battery tray piece or something.

I was really getting to like the different light wavelength that this light throws, even if it does not seem as "bright"....it makes things look more like they do in daylight than the other LED's I have for my bikes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    That sucks. Fenix has some great customer service. Its one of the main reasons Ive bought most of my lights from them. I buy from fenix tactical. I once got a light that didnt work right out of the box. Sent an email at midnight and within an hour someone from senior management responded and had a replacement in the mail. Great group of people. Good luck

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomageddon View Post
    That sucks. Fenix has some great customer service. Its one of the main reasons Ive bought most of my lights from them. I buy from fenix tactical. I once got a light that didnt work right out of the box. Sent an email at midnight and within an hour someone from senior management responded and had a replacement in the mail. Great group of people. Good luck
    Thanks. I also bought the 18650 3400mah batteries and the charger directly from them, and without that light, I have no use for them Oh yeah, and I bought 4 batteries, for those lonnng rides.

I'll be contacting them tomorrow. Meanwhile I'm back to my Cygo lights, and hearing peoples' complaints about them. That was one of the bc30's strengths....it really DOES keep the light from shining out/up into peoples' eyes. Plenty bright, but not offensive. The Cygo's are pure urban-assault lights by comparison.