Exposure Lights RedEye Tail Light- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Exposure Lights RedEye Tail Light

Regarding Exposure's RedEye rear tail light, does anyone own or has used one?

The acclaimed lumens is 240 but based on a user's feedback measurements, it is just under half that (108 lumens).

Any actual feedback, beam shots, or "my cousins's ex girlfriend's brother in law used to own one and ......." 2 cents worth is appreciated.

Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    The RedEye is only 80 lumens. The WhiteEye is 240 Lumens. It's a very bright little tail light.
    IBEX Sports
    Importer / Distributor for Exposure Lights, U.S.E. and VDO Cycle computers.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thanks Steve,

Always prompt with a reply - whether a phone call, an email or a post. Awesome!

Ok, might be a dumb question but does the WhiteEye emit a red light at back then? I intend on piggying this with an Exposure D-Maxx up front.

mtbr member
    Thanks Chromagftw.

The RedEye is a red rear tail light and is indeed what you want to run from the Smart Port (SPT) of the MaxxD. It is available with a long cable lead (you'll want this one for your intended use) or a short cable lead and clip (clips to the Joystick or Diablo) for helmet mounting specifically. Burn time is only slightly affected.

The WhiteEye is an additional front light which also is powered from the internal SPT and enhances the Joystick with an additional 240 lumens of forward light. With the WhiteEye you can still scroll through the output levels of the Joystick and the WhiteEye will remain always at full power. Of course, this will affect the burn time of the main unit.

Cheers!
    IBEX Sports

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] Lights USA
    Thanks Chromagftw.

The WhiteEye is an additional front light which also is powered from the internal SPT and enhances the Joystick with an additional 240 lumens of forward light. With the WhiteEye you can still scroll through the output levels of the Joystick and the WhiteEye will remain always at full power. Of course, this will affect the burn time of the main unit.

Cheers!
    Interesting, I can't help but wonder what it looks like when coupled with the Joystick. Seeing that it wasn't listed on your website, any photos of what this looks like?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do
    Interesting, I can't help but wonder what it looks like when coupled with the Joystick. Seeing that it wasn't listed on your website, any photos of what this looks like?
    It is indeed on our website.
    Here is a link http://estore.websitepros.com/193951...Eye/Detail.bok
    IBEX Sports

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] Lights USA
    It is indeed on our website.
    Here is a link http://estore.websitepros.com/193951...Eye/Detail.bok
    Thanks...I looked at the main page and didn't see it listed. I now see that you have to click on the Joystick link. Then on that page there is a link listed under accessories in red for the White-eye. Gotch'a.

Just wondering....if you have it plugged in to the Joystick can you turn it off with it's own switch or does it just stay on at full power?? If so I suppose you could unplug it when not needed but that would be a PITA. I could understand that it doesn't have modes like the Joystick but it would seem more functional to me to be able to disable the White-eye with a switch and only turn it on when you need more light. That way you can conserve power by just using the Joystick ( if that is what you want to do ). Comments..?

mtbr member
    We actually have it much easier to find from our online store.
    From IBEX Sports home > Shop Online > Exposure Lights > Smart Port (SPT) Accessories > WhiteEye

You can have the WhiteEye plugged in and only use it when needed. It is powered by and turned on with the main switch (button) from the Joystick. You simply activate the SPT (by holding the button for three seconds) then turn on the Joystick per normal method and then the WhiteEye comes on, along with the Joystick.
    IBEX Sports

Members who have read this thread: 0