Duralux Solo Solstice at 800 Lumens?- Mtbr.com
    what a joke

Duralux Solo Solstice at 800 Lumens?

I have seen the flood and euro beam pattern lights at night and they looked like good value for money. Has anyone heard of these or have any experience with them? I would probably make my own battery pack to go with it. The lights I used were connected to a 12v car battery but they can run off anything from 9-50v.

http://www.visionxusa.com/led/s1100/

Ooops that should be 900 lumens
    blah blah blah

what a joke
    I picked one of these up today. Just need to source a battery pack for it. I will get a few beam shots up soon.
    blah blah blah

mtbr member
    Let us know what battery you source- the battery from VisionX is equal to the price of the lights themselves.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ozlongboarder
    I picked one of these up today. Just need to source a battery pack for it. I will get a few beam shots up soon.
    These sites may be of use http://www.all-battery.com/111vli-po...terypacks.aspx
    and http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...S&Category=894

or you could build your own pack with cells from DealExtreme.

what a joke
    Thanks for the link but I will source it locally as shipping costs really kill the deal down here to Australia.

I may even build a pack.
    blah blah blah

Jul 2009

Hope Weights

Hi Ozlongboarder, Congrats on pickup (and finding units in first place) I checked out the various retailers: it appears the output is variously stated as 900lm / 800lm. I guess(?) the 900 is gross with 800 being net output down the track?

I note the weight of battery pack is 1pound (~450g) however did not observe weight of light, would you please inform on weights of various components.

Good luck with the light and battery pack

js (Mexican)

mtbr member
    One of these might be nice if you knew what the beam pattern was like. It should be noted though that this setup doesn't utilize any dimming circuit. Its either off or full power unless you mod with a different driver. Of course you have to buy a battery+charger as well. Since it has a power drain of 10watts you're going to need a good size battery to give you half decent run time. Then you'll need an on/off switch, some wire and a way to mount the light...
    I can think of better ways to spend $200 and when I do it won't be on something that I've never seen any beam shots of.

mtbr member
    I believe this light uses a P7 led and I don't think they are thermally protected. For the money the deal extreme light with a battery is a way better deal.
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25149
    Last edited by Bajamike; 08-06-2009 at 10:30 AM.

what a joke
    I did not pay $200 for mine, I payed just over half that. I will do some beam shots tonight. What I can say is they are sold here as work lights for underground coal mines. Packaging says it draws .75amps at 12volts. I have compared it to my 10w HID and it blows it away. I have also compared it to HID Tech's Lumin8r Quad LED light.... and if it scores 10/10 then this light scores 8.5/10 in terms of brightness/throw. Only negative is its on/off only. I will also be using it in my boat at night as its 3m waterproof.
    blah blah blah

mtbr member
    I did not pay $200 for mine, I payed just over half that. I will do some beam shots tonight. What I can say is they are sold here as work lights for underground coal mines. Packaging says it draws .75amps at 12volts. I have compared it to my 10w HID and it blows it away. I have also compared it to HID Tech's Lumin8r Quad LED light.... and if it scores 10/10 then this light scores 8.5/10 in terms of brightness/throw. Only negative is its on/off only. I will also be using it in my boat at night as its 3m waterproof.
    For $200 I was including the cost of the battery/charger if you didn't have one. The light unit itself is $119 I believe ( plus shipping ). Someone said they think this is using a SSC P-7 emitter. If the emitter is only drawing 0.75amps this can't be a P-7, not if it's outputing 800lm. Ozlong....I own one of the HIDtech Lumin8r quads, If this light compares to that I would be impressed. I believed you mentioned that you got the euro beam version. I really would like to see what kind of throw/beam pattern it is offering. If you can post a beam photo that would be nice. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing what the spot version of the light looks like. It really would of been nice if the web site for the units had some sort of photo display of the different beam patterns.

what a joke
    I dont have the Lumin8r to compare beam shots with. I only I had it for a few weeks as a demo. Daniel from HID tech is great guy and replaced the bulb in my old Lupine Edison 10. My mate sells these Duralux lights into the mines and gave me a demo of it while I had the Lumin8r and it was impressive. Its to heavy to run as a helmet mount but as a bar mount its a great second light. I plan on replacing my HID with with a HID tech LED light but will probably wait until the XPG's are avaialble.

It will be dark here in a few hours so I will do my best to get a some shots of it in action compared to my 10w HID. I got the flood beam.
    blah blah blah

mtbr member
    I.... I plan on replacing my HID with with a HID tech LED light but will probably wait until the XPG's are avaialble.

It will be dark here in a few hours so I will do my best to get a some shots of it in action compared to my 10w HID. I got the flood beam.
    Yep, when the XPG's come out, everyone will be scrambling for up grades. It might take some time though before they become readily available after the inital release. A quad set-up with xpg's could be awesome ( and probably use the same housing/drivers ) My lumen8r is great ( 900 or so actually lumens ) but with XPG's it could get something like 1300lm...and that would be sweet...

what a joke
    Beam Shots: Canon 300D, ISO 100, F5.6, 6second shutter.

Photos taken in neighbors back yard. Closest tree is 21m, roof on left in 50m, roof on right is 75m.

Control.

10w HID. This light has high and low beam.....and it does not work , I'm not sure what level it is stuck on but there is not much difference in the two settings.

Duralux. Flood Beam

blah blah blah

what a joke
    I sourced a battery pack and used a switch and bar mount off an old light to get the system working. Had my first ride with it last night and I am very impressed with it. It also confirmed my feelings that a helmet mount is far superior to a bar mount in tight twisty single track but when the trail opened up the flood on the bar really worked well.
    blah blah blah

Members who have read this thread: 0