Dinotte: mini-review + question- Mtbr.com
    Class Clown

Dinotte: mini-review + question

QUESTION
    For anyone with the Quad Taillight is is possible to replace the battery?

REVIEW
    After using cheap lights for years that weren't very bright, about a year ago I started looking into some upgrades. Seemed like Dinotte had the quality combined with non-astronomical pricing so I ordered the XML-3 (1600 version) and the Quad Red Taillight for commuting.

Love the front mount for the XML-3; simple, sturdy and effective. Easy to take on/off. For the rear you get a box of plastic clamps in various sizes. Problem is they are plastic clamps with metal nuts, and I don't trust a $200 light to them. In fact I almost lost my light because of one of them, so I have been using a simple metal worm gear clamp that is not going anywhere. I think they could design a better mount for the rear light.

Battery life has been great. I use them mostly for morning commute as it's dark most of the year, about a half hour ride 5 days a week + some additional use during the week, mostly blinky mode. Charging every 2 weeks is what ended up working for me.

I don't have much to compare the lights to, but they seem bright to me! The front will light up the road nicely though it spends most of its time in blinky mode, as does the rear. I really have no complaints and use them in pouring rain with no issues. In fact I will probably be buying another headlight to try some nighttime mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    I agree about plastic mounting point in Quad Red, because of that I have to also do few modifications to not to lost my light.
    Do you have any photo how you used meta worm gear? Thanks.