Dinotte charging Question?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Dinotte charging Question?

i have a new 1200 . Should I charge the battery when I get home from a ride or wait until the morning. thanks for replies.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coachl22 View Post
    i have a new 1200 . Should I charge the battery when I get home from a ride or wait until the morning. thanks for replies.
    That would depend on when you think you were planning your next ride. As a rule it is best to charge just before you ride your next ride as this helps extend the life-time of the battery. However if you plan to ride the next day I don't think there is a major advantage in waiting till the last moment before you charge the battery.

Do you like your new 1200?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Lithium rechargeable batteries do not self-discharge at as high a rate as NiMH AA and AAA batteries. NiMH cells can lose 30-40% of their charge just sitting on the bench in a week, before you ever use them. LowSD cells are the solution here, such as Sanyo Eneloop.

If you measure voltage after recharge on your Li cells, you'll observe an initial decrease as it cools, then essentially flat after an hour and they pretty much stay that way for a week. They do self-discharge, but much slower than NiMH, so it's less critical when the user chooses to recharge relative to actual usage time.

So, re. D1200, it doesn't matter. I usually recharge batteries right after use, because as a practical matter I tend to forget things once I more on to next chore. Discovering a discharged battery five minutes before your 9pm ride departure is no fun.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I like the 1200 . It has a lot of flood very bright. I had a MG 1400 sent the batteries back in April. Got tired of waiting and bought USA made . So far I cant complain with with how it was built and I hate China is selling everything to us and it seems to have a lot of problems with just about all there products.

BBW
    mtbr member
    ...... I hate China is selling everything to us
    nope, WE are buying everything from them....
    BBW. MS, RD

mtbr member
    .... bought USA made . So far I cant complain with with how it was built and I hate China is selling everything to us and it seems to have a lot of problems with just about all there products.
    Nothing wrong with supporting the economy of the USA, every little bit helps. As for the Chinese, they have to eat too. As such they will do what they have to to survive in a global economy. Having globally interdependent economies is not such a bad thing if you consider that both the USA and China have some of the biggest stock piles of nuclear weapons on the planet. Better to be friendly and wiling to buy from a global partner than be throwing stones at each other ...if you catch my drift. Just be glad you have the freedom ( and money ) to choose.