Dinotte 600L owners unite: XP-G retro-fit please!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Dinotte 600L owners unite: XP-G retro-fit please!

A while back I wrote Dinotte and questioned them about possible XP-G retro-fits for the 600L ( when they become available ). Their response was not favorable. For some reason they don't like the Cree LED's. I know a triple board will be available for the xp-g as well as optics. Does anyone know if there is any reason why (?) a 600L couldn't be retro-fitted with a triple XP-G configuration? Anyone know the current output of the driver on a 600L ? Anyway, if you own a 600L and want a retro-fit for your 600L please speak up and let your voice be heard! Please Dinotte, turn my 600L into a 1000L..MORE Light, better run times. ( * OR...just offer a 1000L version using the 600L light engine and offer a trade in discount....that could work.. )

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    And let's not forget a 200L-AA upgrade to 300L-AA.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    As for the DIY, I could open the rear part of the 600L where the driver board is, but not the front one with the LEDS (I even posted some pictures on the forum). Ooops. Just forget it. If Dinotte don't want to have an upgrade, there isn't gonna be one.
    So, there is one solution: you can sell your light. Put it on ebay, and from the $$$ you get feel free to look around for a better solution. That's what I did with mine, and now I'm waiting for my Wilma ;-)

The 600L is a good light, but when you're really hooked up on night riding you want the best (whatever that means for you). Don't feel bad about it, that's the way consumer society works... ;-))) Don't swim against the current.
    Since they already have their 800L and 1200L for a little bit more than the original 600L, I doubt there's gonna be an update anytime soon. Why would they do that? Just buy the 800L if you want more light.

BBW
    mtbr member
    I guess heat dissipation will not be that great? my guess....

Hey Radirpok! did you end up with a Tesla and a Wilma? I have that set up and would highly recommend the 18-degree lens for the Wilma; put her on the bars at 60% and the Tesla at 35%... or if its fast or want all the power, then 100% on those babies
    The color of the Wilma is insane and it gives such a good contrast when is on the bars while the Tesla just punches a hole into the dark!!

mtbr member
    Just a heads up. The XP-G is a larger single die than SSC or Cree or Luxeon currently use. This means larger optics to get the same beam angle. This might mean an entirely different light head.

mtbr member
    The triple XP-G board simply has the wrong dimensions to replace three SSC P4's.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by znomit
    Just a heads up. The XP-G is a larger single die than SSC or Cree or Luxeon currently use. This means larger optics to get the same beam angle. This might mean an entirely different light head.
    Now I'm really confused.. I thought the XP-G's were suppose to be smaller than the XR-E's. Cutter is showing a triple board that is 20mm in diameter. My 600L optic diameter looks to be about 32-33mm. Cutter is listing the Carclo optics for these ( same as for xr-e's ) at 20mm diameter. If anything I thought they were smaller. I understand that the Die is bigger and therefore the dome. Undoubtedly this will change the spread of the beam somewhat. That is why I want to wait to see some beam shots before I start plunking down the coin. I am going to be patient. It might take another season before the commercial manufacturers start using the XP-G. For me though it is more than just about having more light. I must have a USABLE system....quick release mount, easy mount battery, three plus hours on high, remote handlebar switch (optional with plug ), user programmable modes would be a big plus. I might just have to consider a Wilma although it would pain me to pay that kind of money. Anyway, if the 600L could be retro-fit with XP-Gs it would be almost exactly what I want...except of course if doesn't have a remote switch. Still, I like how the modes change on the 600L ( circular pattern ...High, med, low, high..) Having a remote with this same pattern would be sweet. ....*Sigh*...if only I could DIY

mtbr member
    You could ask a DIY

as for the XPG I don't think it is going to be as simple as a drop in, but I sure hope so. The experience I have had playing with the ssc-50 which has a huge die indicates that it might be. heres to hoping!

mtbr member
    Cat, that's the problem, they are too small and therefore too close together on the small board for mr11 size optics
    I have made a few Dinotte 600 type lights, both triple and quad versions and have found that cutter will be doing a 32mm board(so that the LEDs are not to close together for older mr11 housings)also matching mr11 size optics.

So yes it can be done !!!!!!!! (I think) link:http://www.cutter.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=cut937 Cick on XP-G on MCPCB
    Last edited by yetibetty; 09-21-2009 at 03:03 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0