DiNotte- Mtbr.com

Thread: DiNotte

mtbr member

Good job! DiNotte

My wife bought me the 800L/400L combo in early July and it's an awesome combination. I was supposed to ride last Friday night (rain out) but discovered that the 4 cell battery for the 800 wasn't working. No output, wouldn't charge, nothing. I only had one trail ride and a couple of other rides around the neighborhood trying to aim it and get the right lens in the 400. Had an RMA from DiNotte the next morning and received my replacement battery and charger (they wanted my original charger also) today. One week, no fuss. The only scare was the packing slip said 2 cell instead of a 4 cell battery, but they got the right battery in the box so it's a mistake on the invoice. Whew!

I did some searching and I couldn't find any other posts about a failed DiNotte battery, which made me feel pretty good. It's definitely not a rampant problem.

Can't wait to ride tomorrow night...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Another satisfied Dinotte customer

I just bought the 800L/400L combo. It was an amazing deal to get 1200 lumens for $500. (Yes I know MS is out there but Dinotte is in a different league entirely.) There was a minor problem with my order which was corrected immediately and on a weekend. The product is top-notch. The 800L unit I received did not have the bulky handlebar mount others have described, instead it has a simple beefy rubber strap which eliminates the "light sticks up too far and looks huge" issue. The 400L has a non-velcro strap system which is great because I don't even feel it on my helmet. I could not be happier with the whole experience.

Which makes me wonder why Dinotte is not more visible in the mainstream. Meaning they they do not appear to advertise very much, and they only seem to sell direct. I only found them after a few days of researching lights on MTBR and other places, which not everyone will do. Sure glad I did though!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Dinotte 1200L

Spilling the beans...
    http://store.dinottelighting.com/sha...S=dinotte&All=
    Looks like Dinotte does not go the MCE/P7 way... instead, it is going the "Betty" way. Which makes me sad. Anyhow, 1200 lumens, from a 6 LED monster. And you thought the 800L was bright. ;-)

...or is it just a hoax? ;-P
    Last edited by radirpok; 09-09-2009 at 03:42 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I really want the 400/800 combo.. maybe in another month or so.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Dinotte 1200L

[QUOTE=radirpok]Spilling the beans...

I just noticed this light when I was browsing the Dinotte web site. Their 800L light is pretty bright as it is, I can't imagine 1200 Lumens. According to the website, it has only a 2 hour burn time (30 minutes less thatn 800L on high), which I am assuming is on high. I think at this point Dinotte is going to have to develop a 6 cell battery - I would imagine this would appeal mostly to MTBers, and many of us ride more than 2 hours at night.

I bought the 800L/400L combo last year and I am very happy with it.

John B.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bergjm
    According to the website, it has only a 2 hour burn time (30 minutes less thatn 800L on high), which I am assuming is on high. I think at this point Dinotte is going to have to develop a 6 cell battery - I would imagine this would appeal mostly to MTBers, and many of us ride more than 2 hours at night.
    You can just use a pair of the 4 cells with the Y-cable and probably an extension cable to tie it all together. Not as elegant as a 6 or 8 cell but certainly doable.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Also bought the 800/400 combo.

Ordered it on a Fri eve and had an e-mail Sat AM that the order was shipped.

The lights have been flawless. Run time is longer than advertised and the lights are impressively bright.

I think the reason they have not have offered upgrades yet to the 800 or 400 may be due to heat issues, etc that don't allow the lights to perform optimally. Only a guess though but they seem to be conservative and want the product to run as advertised or better.

MS is really inexpensive though and has some good reviews for the money so it has to be considered.

MB

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I'll let you know how the 1200L works. Mine should be here tomorrow. If I get some time this weekend, I'll write up a review and do beamshots comparing it to my 600L and 400L.

I'm pretty excited to see how it works. Apparently it is pretty much the same size as the 800L, nice spill and lots of light in general.

J.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mb323323
    MS is really inexpensive though and has some good reviews for the money so it has to be considered.

MB
    Just FYI, the Magicshine beam is significantly different from the "lens-type" beam (that is produced by the 600L/800L, the Exposure lights, Hope, Lupine...). So it can make sense to have both, and use them to complement each other. Both have strengths and weaknesses, and IMHO the best result can be obtained by combining the two ;-)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by radirpok
    Spilling the beans...
    Looks like Dinotte does not go the MCE/P7 way... instead, it is going the "Betty" way. Which makes me sad. Anyhow, 1200 lumens, from a 6 LED monster. And you thought the 800L was bright. ;-)

...or is it just a hoax? ;-P
    if this is true than they are fools for not waiting for the XP-G's. A quad xp-g would of been the better ( more compact ) way to go and be more efficient to boot. I just wrote Dinotte a week ago, they never mentioned having a new system..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do
    I just wrote Dinotte a week ago, they never mentioned having a new system..
    See Osborne Effect regarding that point.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4mula1
    See Osborne Effect regarding that point.
    Ah...I perceive. I always thought that term related to the biting off of a bat's head though. I suppose I stand corrected... ...

Members who have read this thread: 0