Dinotte 400L- Mtbr.com

Thread: Dinotte 400L

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Dinotte 400L

Adequate alone on the helmet given a moderately tech trail, no super fast descending?

BBW
    mtbr member
    yes

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Agreed. I run the 400L on my helmet and it is enough light for most off road riding.
    Stache 7 --- Rigid Surly 1x1 B+ --- Dirt Drop CrossCheck

Goats Rule!
    Sep 2007
    For technical you also need something on the bars. A light on the bars gives you the required shadows for proper trail perception. A helmet light alone flattens the trail, making it hard to know what kind of terrain is coming up.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    A bar light is nice but not a necessity for me. The 400L alone will get you around just fine for starters. Just don't rip through areas you aren't familiar with and you'll be fine.
    Stache 7 --- Rigid Surly 1x1 B+ --- Dirt Drop CrossCheck

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I would say no since I like a lot of light and to see obstacles. I also think that you need a helmet light and a bar light. The 400L makes a great helmet light choice and I think you would find it a part of your system if you added another light.

That said, the 800L.400L package is kind of a steal right now. I think you pretty much get the 400L for free. I'd try that because Dinotte will work it out for you if that is too much light for you. They are great about being flexible.

J.

Members who have read this thread: 0