Which DealExtreme Torch for Handlebar?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Which DealExtreme Torch for Handlebar?

Has anyone used the MTE SSC P7 torch light SKU 12060 sold at DealExtreme?

I'm thinking of getting two for the handlebar and using one Trustfire TR-801 for the helmet.

Also considering SKU 16092 and 22567.

So the candidates are:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12060

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16092

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.22567

Basically looking to get the one that provides most flood to cover the trail.
    Last edited by Dictatorsaurus; 03-23-2010 at 08:19 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I use two SF-14's (22567) on my bars. No problems with them yet, and they throw a lot of light. I use a TR-801 on my helmet, too, but prefer more light from my bars. Used this set-up all winter. I can get almost an hour run-time out of the SF-14's on high and I carry a couple of extra batteries to swap in.

mtbr member
    Thanks qdave...The set you are running is the exact same setup I am leaning towards.
    TR-801 for the helmet and 2 (22567's) for the handlebar.

Cat-man-do also suggested the 12060 but it seems like the 22567 is brighter with the same amount of flood.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus
    Thanks qdave...The set you are running is the exact same setup I am leaning towards.
    TR-801 for the helmet and 2 (22567's) for the handlebar.

Cat-man-do also suggested the 12060 but it seems like the 22567 is brighter with the same amount of flood.
    D-saurus....this model, 22567 does use the D-bin P-7 so it might be a little brighter. It does use a larger reflector which usually means that it has a brighter hot spot for more throw. Since you were more interested in flood vs. spot that was the reason for my mentioning the 12060. The one you mentioned > 16092 , might actually have more flood than the 12060. I wish the 12060 came with the D-bin emitter but regardless all the P-7's are bright and the difference is negligible. (*note: there was some complaint about the electronics on the D/X reviews with the 22567 but that doesn't mean the one you get won't work. Still, not what one want to read when buying a torch. )

You didn't mention to me that you wanted to run two P-7's on the bars but two P-7 torches on medium should provide about 450lm and last for more than 3hrs. Not to mention about 1200lm with both on high.
    Last edited by Cat-man-do; 03-23-2010 at 11:16 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    MTE Sf-15, i have had all of the above lights and only kept the SF-15, it puts out a great flood. The P7-D 16092, penetrates a bit further, why not get one of each to give you a truly awesome bar setup. Or a XPG R5, for a bit of throw on the Bars.

mtbr member
    Thanks a lot guys. Especially Cat-man-do. I went ahead and ordered the 22567 torch. If I find I need a bit more throw I'll just order the 12060. I'm looking forward to trying out the new kit. For $75 total from DX I think I'm going to satisfy most of my night riding needs.

mtbr member
    I got the SF-15 torch lights (DX 22567)

I've read these are unprotected. I'm using them with Trustfire protected batteries.

What does it mean when the torch has an unprotected circuit? Any advantages or disadvantages?

Members who have read this thread: 0