Dealextreme MTE light failure- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Dealextreme MTE light failure

I have two of these SSC P7 lights: https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12623

Both no longer work properly - one goes to Low (instead of High), then Low, then Off. Sometimes the Low gets jolted into High, but it's not reliable.

The other only does Low, Off and Off, and the Low is not reliable either. Anything I can do? Or should I just buy a new light (not this model!)?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    LOL mine was dead this morning to when I tried it out. Have to take it apart and check the solder joints before I declare it paper weight.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thelawnet
    I have two of these SSC P7 lights: https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12623

Both no longer work properly - one goes to Low (instead of High), then Low, then Off. Sometimes the Low gets jolted into High, but it's not reliable.

The other only does Low, Off and Off, and the Low is not reliable either. Anything I can do? Or should I just buy a new light (not this model!)?
    Just curious...how old are your torches? This is a link on torch trouble shooting, hope it can help you.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by thelawnet
    Anything I can do? Or should I just buy a new light (not this model!)?
    Definitely check out Cat-man-do's link first before you do anything else. Hopefully it's a simple fix.
    When I received my first P-7, had problems right off the bat. I used the info in that link, tightened a couple things inside and now it works fine.

Good luck, let us know the outcome.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Once you have gone through the troubleshooting procedure as per link above and that doesn't help then you may consider just buying a new clicky tailswitch module. Not sure if DX has them on their site? I couldn't find them on a search. Might be worth posting on the DIY Lights forum those wise guys might know where to find a replacement!
    Screw out the old, screw in the new (got a funny ring that... )
    Goatman
    - It's not the destination that counts but how you get there -

More pie please
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do
    This is a link on torch trouble shooting, hope it can help you.
    Well, that link helped me a bunch! My MTE flashlight was flickering badly

Thanks!!!
    ///Charlie
    Long live long rides

mtbr member
    If the switch goes bad on those lights DX has all the replacement part you need. My Aurora akp7 is going on one year and has work almost flawlessly. Every once in a while I will get a flicker and then it will go away. Nothing is loose. It's probably something in the electronics.
    Contact us with your video production needs.
    [email protected]

Members who have read this thread: 0