Cygolite Mitycross 800 Or Explorer 800 OSP ? Which is better as a bar light?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Cygolite Mitycross 800 Or Explorer 800 OSP ? Which is better as a bar light?

Hi All,

Long story short...Performance Bike jacked up my order and are going to give me the 30% discount on another purchase even though the sale is over.

I'm looking at the Cygolite Mitycross 800 Or Explorer 800 OSP but I'm trying to understand the difference. Spoke with the Performance tech expert says the explorer has a wider beam. Spoke with CygoLite and they said the Mitycross has a wider beam....

Does anyone have experience with either of these OR better yet both? I am planning to trail ride using this on the bars and I have an older NR Lithium HID that I will be using on my helmet.

Look forward to your responses.

RAKC
    I dont think their all that popular due to low output. Wide beam pattern and low output dont do well together. Especially with what you can get for that price. Glowworm, xeccon, gemini. All have higher output.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    thanks for the reply....Where is the best place to get one of those lights along with a good battery system?

Cheers,

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jmaynard11 View Post
    thanks for the reply....Where is the best place to get one of those lights along with a good battery system?

Cheers,
    Well... If you want to save some money, you can order from China from one of a few places. It will take from 2-6 weeks or more to get it. You will be unsure if you will ever get it. The product may come with a crappy connector when you get it forcing you to modify it. Lots of stress.

Or you can just order a proven light and battery from here:

High Quality LED Bike Lights from Gemini, Gloworm and Magicshine ? Action-LED-Lights

Since I wanted three lights (two on the bar and one on the helmet), I didn't want to spend $150-$250 per light times three, so I went the Chinese-direct way.

If I just wanted one light, I would either get something from Action-LED, or get a CygoLite 1300 Extra on sale. I saw them for $195 on Black Friday. They seem to be $225 now.

RAKC
    Btw, none of the lights I listed are "questionable china direct" stuff. Xeccon has distributor in the U.S., as does glowworm and Gemini

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I gave the link to the Glow-Worm and Gemini dealer in the US as the alternative to questionable Chinese direct lights.