Cygolite mitycross- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Cygolite mitycross

Good Evening (always good when a night ride is included...eh)

Does anyone have any experience with the Cygolite mitycross(350 or other versions)? I am looking for a new light. Time to retire my old Vista Halogens. I have looked at the Amoeba and others. High on my list of features are: durability, multiple light levels, all weather (snow and light rain), long battery life and small batteries.

urmb

Goats Rule!
    Sep 2007
    Very good light in my opinion, especially for the price. Could have had one for $144 a couple of days ago from Performance when they were running their 20% off sale. Much, much better than a minewt X2 dual.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

It is an excellent light.....

I've been using the MityCross for a couple of months and have been very impressed. I have it helmet mounted and it puts out an ample amount of light for riding technical trails. The battery is very small and lightweight and a charge lasts as advertised (3.5hrs +). It comes with both helmet and handlebar mounting options and the light itself is very compact. To cover off your other required features it is very well made, has 3 light levels, and is well sealed from the elements. I don't think you'll regret buying one. I recently ordered a Magicshine to mount on my handlebars. I think the two lights will complement each other nicely.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I have a mytocross for 2years already a couple weeks ago the batery started to run less time than before maybe i'll need buy a new batery

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    well I WAS happy with my mitty400. I got it a 5 weeks ago, used it fine as a helmet light. Then had my 12hr race yesterday. around 15 minutes into the first night lap it started blinking on my on the high speed techy ridgeline decent (drop offs on both sides of the trail here. The blinking was a low bettery indicator. By the time I got to the bottom the light cut out on my but I'm REALLY glad I had made my bar light bright enough I was able to ride at speed. Not wanting to risk doing another lap with one light I called it quits after that.

Charged the light AGAIN when I got home. Plugged it in after was charged up and blinked right away again. Measured the voltage off the battery and 4.17v so the battery and charger are doing their job. The electronics in the headlight itself are bad and had to fail on the wrong freaking day I owned it. Not happy and will talk to the LBS tomorrow.

Motobecane Pilot
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jsigone
    well I WAS happy with my mitty400. I got it a 5 weeks ago, used it fine as a helmet light. Then had my 12hr race yesterday. around 15 minutes into the first night lap it started blinking on my on the high speed techy ridgeline decent (drop offs on both sides of the trail here. The blinking was a low bettery indicator. By the time I got to the bottom the light cut out on my but I'm REALLY glad I had made my bar light bright enough I was able to ride at speed. Not wanting to risk doing another lap with one light I called it quits after that.

Charged the light AGAIN when I got home. Plugged it in after was charged up and blinked right away again. Measured the voltage off the battery and 4.17v so the battery and charger are doing their job. The electronics in the headlight itself are bad and had to fail on the wrong freaking day I owned it. Not happy and will talk to the LBS tomorrow.
    You can deal with them directly if you want. I had a DOA 350 and they took care of me quickly. My light had been solid for the past 2 yrs with tons of use. Battery is still going strong unlike my magicshine.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I just dropped it off at the LBS to deal with. I have another light to get me through this week's training rides. I hope the next unit is solid because I really like the light and weight for a helmet setup. Just was upset it had to fail during the race I had bought it for in the 1st place. But $hit happens and hope it will get me through the winter nights and next 12hr race.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    LBS is moving store fronts so took my light back and went to Cygolite direct. They are sending me a new replacement unit and I'll send back the defective unit once that arrives. Top notch customer service!! The guy at the LBS said most light places won't do that and takes the shop few weeks to even get a replacement. So the LBS is happy I got taken care of too.

mtbr member
    I've had great luck with the multiple lights i have from Cygolite. My first one was the Milion 200 USB and had an issue witht the mounting screw on the bottom. I did a call just to ask how the new 250 USB one was done and the dude told me to mail back my original and he replaced it for me. I'd had that light for probably 9 months and had been just using it as a small hand carry flashlight since the mount was broken.

In my book their support is topnotch

Though now i'm looking into doing some modifications to my original lights to see if i can get a little more light out of them

Ed

Members who have read this thread: 0