Confused on lighting, help.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Confused on lighting, help.

I am open to AA, AAA or LION. I have AA/AAA hi-capacity cells and chargers here already for my cameras.

The LiON seem to offer more light output and run times but a bigger pack.

lighting for me will not be a weight issue. I will be using it mostly on the road so I can ride in the evening after work. On the weekends I will be out in the day and would remove the light anyway.

I am open to spending around $100 for a light. I am not sure if spending more buys any major tangibles.

I'd like to mount it on my handlebars.

The MagicShine and BikeRays seem to have both good and bad comments..but lighting wise seem to fit the bill. In reviews I like the lighting color of the BR better but the pattern of the MS seems better (but green...maybe HulkRage can fuel my rides ).

I was looking at NiteRiders too, but reviews don't seem so favorable and the light patterns I have seen seem tiny.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alkemyst View Post
    I am open to AA, AAA or LION. I have AA/AAA hi-capacity cells and chargers here already for my cameras.

The LiON seem to offer more light output and run times but a bigger pack.

lighting for me will not be a weight issue. I will be using it mostly on the road so I can ride in the evening after work. On the weekends I will be out in the day and would remove the light anyway.

I am open to spending around $100 for a light. I am not sure if spending more buys any major tangibles.

I'd like to mount it on my handlebars.

The MagicShine and BikeRays seem to have both good and bad comments..but lighting wise seem to fit the bill. In reviews I like the lighting color of the BR better but the pattern of the MS seems better (but green...maybe HulkRage can fuel my rides ).

I was looking at NiteRiders too, but reviews don't seem so favorable and the light patterns I have seen seem tiny.

Thanks

Hi Alkemyst,

Not sure if you've picked a new light yet, the options you have weighed are good ones the MS and BR systems are great lights for the money, I would recommend getting them from Geoman Gear if you get one, they seem like a great company to work with.

If you were at least considering going a little higher on the food chain, our Strykr might fit your needs quite well, for road riding our system comes with a spot reflector that really provides a great deal of throw for the faster speeds you'll have on the street. The Strykr also comes with a wide angle reflector as well that is perfect for mountain biking.

Our systems come with a lifetime warranty on the light heads and all electronics, the battery has a two year warranty. This is one of the best, if not the best, warranties in the industry. We also have a Trade-Up Program that allows a Baja Designs light owner to trade up to a new system in the future for up 35% of the value of their current light. (I wish Specialized would do that with my bike!)

I know you are considering less expensive systems, they are great lights, and a lot of riders have had great luck with the models you are considering. After reading the reviews and doing a little research, if the Strykr looks interesting drop me a line at [email protected], we have some deals going on that might be able to bring a Strykr close to your price range.

Good luck with your search!!

Shannon
    Last edited by Baja Designs; 05-27-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0