Cleaning/Dusting off your torches LED- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Cleaning/Dusting off your torches LED

I know I mentioned this a while back but tonight while piddling around the house I remembered that it had been a while since dusting off the torch reflectors/leds. First I did the Aurora ( MC-E ) 2-mode and then the MTE P-7 2-mode. I just have to say, " It does make a difference", even though it is very small. More light is more light, no if's, ends, or butts.. . Just be careful when dusting the emitter domes. Do not use any liquid cleaners or water...just a clean, dry soft cloth. That goes for the reflectors too. Do not put too much pressure on the emitter domes or it might come loose. The word here is "Gentle". Then take the glass lens out ( careful not to drop it ) and wash it with warm soapy water, dry it and put it back in being careful to touch only the edges so it is restored smudge free. Clean stuff works so much better.

*Note: If you are lucky enough to own a torch with anti-reflective coating on the inside glass, be sure to remember which side is which when putting the lens back into the torch. I was thinking of taking my lenses down to the local "LensCrafters" to have them coated ( on the inside ) but decided against it as it would probably cost more than both torches combined..
    Last edited by Cat-man-do; 05-18-2009 at 02:14 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0