Be Careful ordering from Banggood- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Be Careful ordering from Banggood

Looks like the torch I ordered from Banggood isn't going to get to me for over a month. That's because while I thought the one I ordered was in stock it turned out not to be the case. Seems Banggood plays a little shell game on their product's web page depending on what you are ordering. They will tell you it's in stock but you'll find if you change one of the options, either body color or LED type / tint , you may find yourself ordering something that is "out of stock" without even noticing. Since the one I ordered was out of stock, instead of telling me that when I placed the order they just informed me in my conformation email that the item I ordered is "Out of stock" and is now in a "Processing" phase. ( think of this as the "Twilight Zone" or "Bermuda Triangle" of mail order ) They gave me no indication at all of when I might get my order. and no tracking number. ( usually when in stock an order will ship within 2-3 days )

I went back to the webpage a day or so ago and looked where I first ordered. Once again looks to be in stock. This time when I changed the options I noticed a subtle change in the text below saying that the item was back ordered and that it might take about a month or more before it shipped. Possible I missed this slight of hand the first time, not really sure. That's because when I rechecked again tonight the website page claims to have the one I ordered ( with the same options ) as being in stock ( although there is no text actually telling you it is "in stock" or out of stock )

The way I figure it, if they are now "in stock" I should be getting an e-mail sometime next week telling me the item has shipped. If not looks like I'm in for the long haul. This is why I tell people when you buy something from China you are, "Rolling the dice". Not only do you not know how well it will work you have no idea ( depending on the item you order ) just how long it will take for you to get it.

Something else worth mentioning is that when I try to pay using the provided Paypal quick-link, the link never seems to be able to connect to Paypal. This means I have no choice but to use a credit card on their website ( which I would rather not do ).

Anyway, if I don't see it ship by next week I might have to contact their customer service if only to find out how long it will take before my order will ship. ( Edit; seems 2020 is the "Year of the Rat" according the Chinese zodiac. Check the link, seems the Rat is renown for being a trickster.

mtbr member
    I wouldn't be ordering anything from China right now.

Actually I'm waiting on Banggood for some USB power cables to light up a couple of display frames. They are two weeks late now.

EAT MORE GRIME
    would not order anything from China as stated above, besides the new year delay (now over) there just is not much crossing borders until the pandemic problem gets sorted out

so, ....if you are on a timeline, don't order. if you can wait, order away
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

be1
    the beat goes on
    the last time i ordered aframe direct from china - well, i finally got it 4 months later. it was a good frame. but ordering anything from november thru march, expect delays.

that was pre-virus. i wouldn't order anything direct from china now because of the virus and long wait times.
    You just can't beat the person who never gives up. - B.Ruth

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by be1 View Post
    the last time i ordered aframe direct from china - well, i finally got it 4 months later. it was a good frame. but ordering anything from november thru march, expect delays.

that was pre-virus. i wouldn't order anything direct from china now because of the virus and long wait times.
    Yep, I mentioned this in another thread and yes it seems the Chinese have their hands tied as they are just now beginning to get control of the spread of the COVID-19 virus. From what I've heard they still won't cooperate with the World Health Org. and have refused any offered help from the U.S.A. ( They aren't willing to disclose too many facts about how the virus has affected their country and what news they are releasing is subject to doubt since they refuse to work with the WHO. Like I said before, looks like I might be in for the long haul. This article from the NY Times, although more than a week old, will give you an idea of what's going on there and how it is effecting China's import / export trade. My gut feeling is that it is likely going to take several months before the Chinese are going to be able to catch up with their shipments. No doubt perishable goods are going to take priority when it comes to logistics so other not-so-important goods will likely be put on the back-burner from hell.

With all this said, I might be considering another torch albeit one I know is going to be shipped from somewhere inside the USA. The problem is I want one that is using NW emitters and one that can house an 21700 cell. I have some hopefuls but I want Cree emitter(s) and something in the 4000K range as far as tint goes. This is for the bars so must have a wide beam pattern as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Iíve been ordering items directly from China non-stop for the past few months and all save a couple little items from Kaidomain arrived well within their delivery windows, with most arriving after only one or two weeks ó even those with 2+ month estimates. Only real problem Iíve encountered is that a lot of products I wanted to buy more of are sold out, and there are no comparable models to be found from any other vendors. So guess itís mostly that factories are not all back up and running, rather than any interruption in shipping services.

Banggood is notorious for promoting products that they donít actually have in stock and donít ever get in. Iíd never order from them especially as everything in their product line eventually ends up for sale on AE, generally at lower prices to boot.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    My experience is they don't communicate well and the order just shows up a month later or more. Sometimes you get tracking and other times not. It's pretty hit and miss tho.

There's no way we'll get the real info outta China concerning the virus. Heck, I'll bet that virus has been around since Nov. The DR. that died who was 34 years old, hmmmm, he know more than they wanted him to know. Too bad they offed him (allegedly in my mind but probably closer to the truth then we think).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by andychrist View Post
    So guess itís mostly that factories are not all back up and running, rather than any interruption in shipping services.

Banggood is notorious for promoting products that they donít actually have in stock and donít ever get in. Iíd never order from them especially as everything in their product line eventually ends up for sale on AE, generally at lower prices to boot.
    Never had any problems with Banggood before but then again never bought anything before that was sold out or was not told something was sold out when it was still listed on the website.

Like you said, the biggest problem could be that workers are not being allowed to go to their jobs and thus the factories where these things are made are getting behind. Factories though also need supplies from outside sources as well as people and so hard to know what is causing the delays or how long something like this is going to take. I checked my credit card and I have been billed. Still nothing on my email telling me it has shipped. I don't mind that I have to wait so much but if I'm going to wait I'd like to know just how long I actually have to wait. The "Not knowing" is what drives me crazy.

mtbr member

Bad news

Well it seems the torch I ordered ( Fireflies E07, with NW XP-L's ) has been cancelled by Banggood. Just received the email on April 8th telling me the order was cancelled. This after I was told weeks ago the item would ship sometime around the middle of April. No big shock though. I almost expected this to happen.

Looks like I'll not be ordering anything from China for a good long time. Now I have to contact my credit card company and make sure I get a credit to my account since I never received the product. I realize of course that this is all due to the Corona Virus that started in China. I have a feeling a lot of things are going to be "Out of Order" in China for a long, long time. Sadly I can't get the torch I want ( with the emitters I want ) anywhere else at the moment. Then again this whole year is going to be totally screwed because of the virus so I haven't felt too much like going for any rides I've been so stressed. I happen to work a job that is related to the medical field so I still have to go to work every day . Even though I have the protective masks, at the age of 65 ( with high blood pressure ) I'll be stressed out no doubt for many months to come. Can't wait till they come up with a vaccine which may be sometime in the fall or sometime early next year. The good news is dozens of companies are racing to come up with a vaccine and some are already in human clinical trials. Thank God I don't live in N.Y. If I did I'd go nuts.

EAT MORE GRIME
    I've cancelled my own banggood, aliexpress and alibaba orders (part not wanted anymore) and ...they may take a few days but all of them either never processed the paypal, or refunded me. seems legit in those regards with these places
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Still ordering from AliExpress, chinese eBay sellers etc - everything seems to work as usually (I'm in Europe).

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Placed an order for a couple of the new SP33V3 5000K through the Sofirn Store on AE almost a month ago and Track Order still just says

2020-03-25 20:06:02 Despatch from Sorting Center

Really doubt package will reach me now before the order is closed, suspect it was not fulfilled at all.

Also, couple 3-in-1 magnetic charging cables ordered from China on eBay apparently made it to some Sorting Center here in the USA a few weeks ago, but havenít moved any since then either.

Weird thing, hadnít experienced any shipping delays until March, everything else Iíd ordered previously from China since last December arrived within ten days to three weeks tops. All of a sudden now everything is screwy.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I ordered 100's of items from banggood and everythings arrived in an orderly fashion.

QUOTE - I went back to the webpage a day or so ago and looked where I first ordered. Once again looks to be in stock. This time when I changed the options I noticed a subtle change in the text below saying that the item was back ordered and that it might take about a month or more before it shipped. Possible I missed this slight of hand the first time
    END QUOTE

Yeah some webpages are like that, thats why you have to take your time and pay extra attention when ordering. Is it a purposeful trick on banggoods part, it might be, but it did say backordered. Pay extra attention when ordering from websites you've never ordered from before.

mtbr member
    Turns out I found another Chinese website that has it but it's not listed in the color I want. They do however list the emitters I want so it's tempting but the price is about $30 USD more than the one I ordered from Banggood....And speaking of Banggood they responded to my last email and now tell me my credit card will be credited in about 5-7 days ( yeah, right... ) Assuming this happens, do I take the chance and then order from the another Chinese company???? Why does my CAt gut tell me this is like playing craps with loaded dice ( with each die with only one dot on each side ). Not looking to roll another "Snake eyes". I might actually buy from the other website but I hate having to call the Bank that services my credit card if the refund from Banggood doesn't show on my online account in 7 days. Not buying anything else till I get the refund or credit to my credit card.

FWIW, AliExpress has no listing for what I want.