BT40s replacement batteries- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2013

BT40s replacement batteries

I have used two of these lights, one for handlebar and the other for helmet. I've been pretty happy with their performance for the kind of riding that I do. I did have to replace one as I broke the mount by carelessly dropping it on the ground. So I had two lights and three batteries. Two of the batteries have gone out on me in the past week and a half and I don't have a lot of faith in the third. Are there better quality batteries that use the same connectors as the bt40s? If possible, I would rather just replace the batteries. If I'm unable to get a more reliable setup, I will look at replacing the lights themselves.

Thanks in advance

Rod
    mtbr member
    I used batteries from action led. I bought this as a light head only and Samsung cells from action.

mtbr member
    The plastic O-ring mounts are replaceable. If you do a search you should be able find them somewhere on one of the Chinese websites. There is also an aluminum version that I've seen as well. If you find the plastic ones be sure to order more than one. Sometimes these things break just from taking them on/off the bike.

There are always better options for batteries. Scroll down till you find the Battery Thread and read over some the last few pages. The Battery Thread should give you some pretty good options.

mtbr member
    Jan 2002
    just ordered a Panasonic cell pack from this guy as suggested from someone else here...
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pana-sonic-...53.m2749.l2649
    Last edited by hiss2; 11-10-2018 at 07:41 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hiss2 View Post
    just ordered from a Panasonic cell pack from this guy as suggested from someone else here...
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pana-sonic-...53.m2749.l2649
    Yes, that is the one of the offerings from "Hunk Lee". Keep in mind when ordering from HL you can also specify how long you want the cord to be from the battery. Otherwise you get the length you see in the ads. You can also specify which connector type you want. If you scroll down the ebay page you will see the connector options and also the cell configuration options.

If you don't specify I believe you get the connector you see second from the top left ( or if the ad shows a threaded you get the threaded ). This type works with most connectors that require the original Magicshine type connectors. Not to worry, if your male connector plug has a threaded flange meant to work with the one on the top left, no worries if you get sent the other one I first mentioned. My ITUO XP3 has a male threaded flange but my battery is the normal MS type. No problem as mine works just fine. I just sit the flange over the rubber on the female side and turn it so it sits tight and I've never had a problem with it coming loose.

The only down side to this is that if you have a Hunk Lee battery using the non-threaded female, Hunks don't have a really big rubber end on their connectors. Theirs is more akin to the old DiNotte style connectors. It will still work but it won't be as secure. No worries, you can build up the end of the connector with some electrical tape ( for threaded male types ) or you can use a small piece of shrink tubing with some electrical tape if you have the other type. Now all this said I have one of his with the female non-threaded connector which I use with a standard MS type male end ( no modding ) and I've never had a problem with it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Hello all, I am new here and am not sure if this is a good place to start (how do i start a new thread/do I need to for this?). Looking for a replacement battery for NiteRider Lumina 700. KP-070-23169. Internet search turned up nothing. any ideas?

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    cant really replace them. Have to send them in to be replaced I believe. That's the very major downside to those types of lights. Their made like mango products these days, disposable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hiss2 View Post
    just ordered a Panasonic cell pack from this guy as suggested from someone else here... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pana-sonic-...U/323006645082
    Hunk Lee has a couple of battery packs in his US warehouse, I have a 4 cell and a 2 cell, works great, fast shipping. (2 cell not in US warehouse)

Items for sale from hunk_lee