Bright- Mtbr.com

Thread: Bright

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Bright

My daughter passed me Friday night in her car as I was leaving to ride. When I got back, she said dad that light is brighter then a high beam on a car. I thought to my self THANKS DINOTTE (1200) for making a great light and standing behind the quality that is American made and I don't have to worry about slave labor in some far off country throwing some copy together to fool the masses !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    +1 for Dinotte. They make excellent lights.

J.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Agreed.

I wish they would offer upgrade options on their current models. Received an email confirmation regarding this for their 400 series last December. Still waiting.....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coachl22 View Post
    My daughter passed me Friday night in her car as I was leaving to ride. When I got back, she said dad that light is brighter then a high beam on a car. I thought to my self THANKS DINOTTE (1200) for making a great light and standing behind the quality that is American made and I don't have to worry about slave labor in some far off country throwing some copy together to fool the masses !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I find it sad when someone has to try to justify their purchase by attempting to lay guilt on others who bought from somewhere else outside the country. Since it is also the opening post it was also obviously written to be divisive. I don't criticize you for buying American however just because some countries do not have the same standard of living as America doesn't necessarily mean they are slaves. Oh and for the record, EVERYTHING gets copied to one degree or another. Name it and it's been copied. Just because something is copied doesn't mean someone is trying to fool someone else unless of course they are using the same brand name illegally. What a sad shameful OP this is. (*And by the way, what country do you think made the frame on your bike...where does your food come from....your clothes....your shoes....your TV...etc, etc)
    I suppose you can escape me calling you a hypocrite but only if you tell me that you're Amish.....Then again, the Amish don't use computers or electricity as far as I know.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I don't even know that DiNotte lights are made in the US. I doubt it. Even if they are, they are just assembled here using components that are all made somewhere in Asia.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Who cares? Do they work?

J.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Feel better now?
    I can tell you that I sure feel better having a few hundred extra dollars in my pocket by not overpaying for a light like you did

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I want the best lights I can get and I don't want junk. I don't care where they are built.

J.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    My bike frame is made in the USA( Tour Easy Gold Rush), My food is HOME GROWN IN GEORGIA ,USA, My shoes were made in the USA(New Balance) , My Bike light was made in the USA. I tried Magic shine and guess what they suck. and mr. Cat you must feel good about yourself for taking up for people that are enslaved! Why don't your ride over and live there with them. Maybe you can could enlighten them about how good they have it with very little freedoms.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    That truly made me LOL! Dude's taking on the worlds problems in a bike light forum, lol!
    Get over yourself!

My bike frame is made in the USA( Tour Easy Gold Rush), My food is HOME GROWN IN GEORGIA ,USA, My shoes were made in the USA(New Balance) , My Bike light was made in the USA. I tried Magic shine and guess what they suck. and mr. Cat you must feel good about yourself for taking up for people that are enslaved! Why don't your ride over and live there with them. Maybe you can could enlighten them about how good they have it with very little freedoms.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I'm not taking on the worlds problems. If you read further up i got flamed and told what i owned when they don't know me. I'm pissed at magicshine and the people that stood up here and praised there quality and the vendor for handling the problem. I have been waiting for 90days for some batteries and that is not good business. I have always bought quality no matter the price.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'm pissed at magicshine and the people that stood up here and praised there quality and the vendor for handling the problem. I have been waiting for 90days for some batteries and that is not good business..
    Boo-friggin'-hoo! As was said several times in the past, just buy a replacement battery from somewhere else in the meantime, and when your MS replacement comes in, you'll have an extra battery.
    And before you start crying about having to put more money out for another battery, keep in mind that you are still way ahead of the game compared to what other light manufactures are charging for their lights.

It's really all just a minor hiccup, but some people want to make it a bigger deal then it really is, sheesh!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I see you drink the kool-aid - no principals

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Oops!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Hey

Just got my replacement upgrade 6.0 batteries today. WOW.

They are real nice. By the way, same casing as the Dinotte battery. And it comes w/ straps to attach to your bike.

Dude, order yourself the upgrade. 25 bucks and it's WAY worth it but I would do it before that option is not available.

Cat or others, do you know if there is an adaptor that would allow me to use the GEO 6.0 w/ my Dinotte lights.

MB

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Please, explain why you think they are enslaved. I didn't exactly ride over there (I fly) but did spend time at plenty of factories in China and lived with them for weeks or even months at a time. They actually do have a pretty relaxed and happy life minus all the excessive luxury stuff that we crave for. They have everything they "need" and is given plenty of time to have fun and enjoy life rather than getting pressured from work or to make a living.

And about freedom. Unless you go really high profile against the government, I don't think anyone would really care about what you do. But that really doesn't effect their everyday life and is far from have very little freedom. The only big issue I have there is the internet where plenty of sites are blocked. But such censorship are easy to bypass pretty much everyone there knows how to do it.

You're just a typical example of one of those who had not traveled anywhere and just gets brain washed in front of the TV believing in all the crap that the media feeds you. To me that sort of brainwashing and the ignorance of the masses is even more scary than the so called lack of freedom in China.

mtbr member
    Sorry but once again I have to correct you. I would not use the word "enslaved" as it is insulting. If you doubt my word the next time you go to a Chinese restaurant just ask the waiter or waitress , "What's it like to come from a country where the people are enslaved"?. Don't blame me though if you're asked to leave. There is a big difference between being "Disadvantaged" and "Enslaved".

Now about that bike frame....I've never seen anyone ride a Recumbent bike on trails before...Not to mention I've never seen anyone eat only in Georgia before. Oh and those New Balance shoes......Shame on you for supporting a company with Chinese factories that had one of the worst records in China. Not to mention really low pay for a major company like New Balance. Humm...no mention of the TV....

This leaves me with one thing to say......SHAME, SHAME, SHAME!
    ( * said with true Gomer Pyle inflection.... )
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Very well spoken, mgv101.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    coach

There are many self appointed a holes on these forums, so don't let them get you down. Lot's of a holes on mtbr. btw, Dinotte is a fine company. They respond very quickly to emails, and have very excellent service.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote"You're just a typical example of one of those who had not traveled anywhere and just gets brain washed in front of the TV believing in all the crap that the media feeds you. To me that sort of brainwashing and the ignorance of the masses is even more scary than the so called lack of freedom in China."

Well I am a veteran been all over the world fought for your freedom!

"New Balance" is the only athletic shoe manfacture that still has shoes made in the USA. Mr. Cat

Only TV I watch is Football and the tour

Ridden my bike all over the world all type of terrain

I stated an opinion that I will stand by , I have seen it first hand. you guys have no clue !

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by suba View Post
    coach, ...There are many self appointed a holes on these forums, so don't let them get you down. Lot's of a holes on mtbr.
    Yes Coach, by all means very good advice there. Fortunately, most people here are just regular good 'ol mountain bike folk who post up from whatever part of the world they come from. Most of us live quiet lives, watch our Samsung TV's, eat various foods from different parts of the world, drive cars that were either built somewhere other than USA or have parts from other countries, have bikes with Chinese frames but hey. We're just a bunch of "good ol' boys" when it comes right down to it. We don't mean no harm and we don't call people names like some people I know do. Come on Coach. You know you love us. We're your next door neighbor. ( Who was it said now to , "Love thy neighbor"? ) How 'bout a thumbs up and a smile to show us you can take a poke?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Coaching for 30 years and teaching has made Coach a strike back kind of guy if you don't understand Then come watch what i see every day walking the halls of our schools.
    It gets frustrating . But hey RollTide Cat -man -do ( sounds like an Aubun name though)