Bontrager Ion 700 replacement- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Bontrager Ion 700 replacement

Love my Ion 700, mounts great to helmet, and so light I dont know its there. Looking for a second light like this but of course they have been discontinued. Any suggestions ? I dont want a 2 piece (corded) model as that I often dont where a camelback (for putting battery)

Super Moderator SuperModerator
    The new Ion models that replaced it?

mtbr member
    Yeah. I really liked the 700's small svelte shape. The new Ion Pro RT lights are somewhat more blocky and bulky, but much more light/run-time. e.g. 3hrs at 800 lumen.
    What, me worry?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpranger467 View Post
    Love my Ion 700, mounts great to helmet, and so light I dont know its there. Looking for a second light like this but of course they have been discontinued. Any suggestions ? I dont want a 2 piece (corded) model as that I often dont where a camelback (for putting battery)
    Anything else you like about your Ion 700 that's important to you. All the new 700+ lumen self-contained lights that weigh less than 150g will have equal or probable better output than your Ion though most it won't be enough to tell much of a difference (always exceptions). I'm assuming your not looking for a lot wider beam unless you plan on using the new light on the bars with your existing light on the helmet. Beam options can vary from considerably wider with less throw to similar width with more throw and there are a lot of options that will give you a wider beam and more throw. One of the things with your light that is superior to many of the newer lights is runtime in high beam so if your current lights high beam runtime performance is a standard you want equaled it will narrow your options down quite a bit. I spent the last yr. testing and comparing many single cell/emitter lights so trying to figure out your needs and usage habbits to help me recommend what I think will be the light that you will be the most satisfied with. If there's anything you'd like improved over your Ion 700 that would be helpful too.
    Mole

https://forums.mtbr.com/lights-night...z-1105995.html

mtbr member
    Thanks guys, I ended up going with the Nite Rider Lumina 1200,,great light so far