Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Battery for ds-500?

844 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  tigris99 
#1 ·
I was thinking of using a lupine battery as I like the indicator and drop protection. But is there a better option that won't cost a fortune and would be just as safe?

#2 ·
FYI this is a duplicate thread.

But for the sake of being helpful, there is A TON of options. ALL these battery packs have protection. Doesn't matter if it Lupine, gloworm, magicshine, Xeccon and so on. They ALL have protection circuits.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

#9 ·
not really, their all "properly regulated". All thats needed is protection against over charge and over discharge. And quality cells arent cheap. But welcome to the cycling industry. You get charged a ton for everything if you want decent quality. And properly working balancing systems that small cost a premium regardless. No cheap way around that to truly have balancing thats inside a battery pack.

But all other 18650 stuff you buy, flashlights or whatever, they have nothing more than protection circuits. That's all that's needed and except loose cells (you have the option of protected or not) they all come with protection circuits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.