Baja Designs Top of the Pack at Wausau24- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Baja Designs Top of the Pack at Wausau24

5th Place Men's 24 Hour Solo Open at the Wausau24 in Wisconsin. This race was one and lost in the darkness of the night after a nasty late afternoon thunderstorm that took it's toll on the racers, pit crews, and trail well into the early morning hours. Baja Designs lit the way for me to a top 5 result in my first 24 Solo effort. Thanks Shannon and the team at Baja Designs for setting me up with batteries. I needed every bit of power supplied with darkness creeping up early after the big storm.

Link to the results;

2011 Wausau24 - Category Details

mtbr member
    nice job! Sounds like it was a seriously tough race - 24h solo is hard enough without adding nasty weather

Lazy People Suck
    I agree that it was an interesting race with the storm blowing through in the middle of the race. That Snowshoe Trail section just became pure peanut butter after the storm. It sucked the life right out of you.

I had a great experience for my first Solo 24 Hour race ever, taking 3rd in the Solo Men.
    "Son, The world needs ditchdiggers, too"-Ted Knight, Caddyshack

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Congratulations on your race, those are some challenging conditions!! +1 to Shannon for helping you out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Fett View Post
    I agree that it was an interesting race with the storm blowing through in the middle of the race. That Snowshoe Trail section just became pure peanut butter after the storm. It sucked the life right out of you.

I had a great experience for my first Solo 24 Hour race ever, taking 3rd in the Solo Men.
    Nice job grabbing the final podium spot.

mtbr member
    You crazy solo guys...brutal!! How are you feeling Randy?? Have you fully recuperated yet?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaDesignsShannon View Post
    You crazy solo guys...brutal!! How are you feeling Randy?? Have you fully recuperated yet?
    Well, I recovered enough to do a 10 hour WEMS race and finish 2nd on Saturday.
    I think that was my limit though as I don't seem to be recovering from that race very well.

WEMS #7 is this weekend, aarrgghh back to back weekends, but I think I'm going to sit this one out and recoup. Actually I'll be attending the race but volunteering.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DekerfTeamST View Post
    Well, I recovered enough to do a 10 hour WEMS race and finish 2nd on Saturday.
    I think that was my limit though as I don't seem to be recovering from that race very well.

WEMS #7 is this weekend, aarrgghh back to back weekends, but I think I'm going to sit this one out and recoup. Actually I'll be attending the race but volunteering.
    You Sir, are a wild man! Just can't get enough! Awesome, I am glad you are on our side! I will be out of the loop for a couple of weeks for military training (insert - yay!) but I should be able to check email from time to time. Let me me know if you need anything or have any questions.

Shannon

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaDesignsShannon View Post
    You Sir, are a wild man! Just can't get enough! Awesome, I am glad you are on our side! I will be out of the loop for a couple of weeks for military training (insert - yay!) but I should be able to check email from time to time. Let me me know if you need anything or have any questions.

Shannon
    Thanks to you Shannon and all the folks at Baja Designs for your continued support of my racing endeavors. Lights will be getting alot more use now that the days are getting shorter.

Also thanks to you and all the military personel for serving our country!

Randy