Baja Designs - "MTB in the Moonlight" Demo Ride- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Baja Designs - "MTB in the Moonlight" Demo Ride

Hey fellow Mountainbikerus Nocturni,

Baja Designs Bicycle Lighting will be out at McDowell Mountain Park, Friday, June 17th for the "Mountain Bike in the Moon Light" Night Ride. (http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/mcdowell/Biking.aspx) The trail is a fast and swoopy singletrack that will have you entertained from start to finish, if you have never gone on a night ride with 150+ riders out on the trail, you'll be in for quite the awesome experience. Everybody rolls out on their own, not in a big group, so you'd really never know that there were that many riders on the trail.

The ride kicks off at around 7pm, we'll be on hand loaning out demo Baja Designs Strykr and Strykr Pro light systems. There is no charge to try out a system for the evening, and the lights will by handed out on a first come - first served basis.

Slippery Pig Bicycle Shop will also be there serving up their world famous BBQ and brew, they are a great shop. Members of the Baja Designs supported AZ Devo Cycling Team (www.azdevocycling.com), recently returned from racing in Europe will also be on hand - these guys are fast and veteran 24hr racers, they'll be happy to share their knowledge of night riding/racing.

If you have any questions you can email me at [email protected] or check our Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/#!/bajadesigns.bicycle - we hope to see you there!

Shannon

mtbr member
    Hey Arizonan's! While I realize that you are all probably too busy enjoying your breezy cool weather to go riding right about now...(you can punch me the next time you see me) but, just in case you get the itch to go night ride we have a couple of events going on in the greater Phoenix area over the next week.

Slippery Pig Bicycles, McDowell Mountain Parks and Recreation, and Baja Designs/AZ Devo Youth Team are all collaborating on this week's "Mountain Bike in the Moonlight" night ride. Our outside rep Marty will be there with some demo Strykr and Strykr Pro systems - the lights will be loaned out on a first come, first served basis.

Then next Wednesday the same conspirators that are bringing you the Moonlight rides will be putting on a beginner mountain bike clinic and I will be teaching an introduction to night riding clinic and providing demo lights for this class. Even if you are already a seasoned night riding vet this would be a great time to try out one of the Baja Designs Strykr or Strykr Pro systems or just make fun of my teaching style - either way it'll be a good time. The Clinic starts at 7pm (it'll only be 113 by then ) make sure your hydration pack and/or bottles are fun.

Here's applicable the link: http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/mcdowe...?EventID=15321

Let me know if you guys and gals have any questions.

Shannon

mtbr member
    Baja Designs will once again be at the McDowell Mountain Park's famous "Mountain Bike in the Moonlight" night ride on July 30th. Riders generally start heading out onto the trail at around 7-7:30, we will be set up by 6:30.

We'll have plenty of Baja Designs Strykr and Strykr Pro light systems to loan out. If you don't have any lights that is no problem, we've got plenty.

If you have any questions drop me a line at [email protected]. Our Facebook page at Baja Designs Bicycle Lighting will also have information on the the big night ride.

We look forward to seeing everyone out there next weekend.

Shannon

A plethora of pinatas
    Great times last night!

Marty

mtbr member
    Yep, that was an excellent night ride! Well over 100 riders, lightning storms everywhere, rain, rattlesnakes, and the debuting of the radical new Baja Designs Strykr SL our XM-L powered light system. (in a side by side comparison - horribly biased of course - the new Strykr SL actually looked slightly brighter and threw farther than my buddy Mike's NiteRider Pro 1200...that is some serious power!) All of this in as small a package as the current Baja Designs Strykr Pro system.

Anyway, thank you all for coming out and making that ride such a huge success. A big thanks also goes out to Slippery Pig Too for setting up and cooking all night for us - I am still full from all of the BBQ! They will also have a complete stock of Strykrs and Strykr Pro's all marked super low for summer.

Can't wait for the next Mountain Bike in the Moonlight ride!

- Baja Fett