Anyone Having Customer Service Issues With Gemini Industries?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Anyone Having Customer Service Issues With Gemini Industries?

Hi guys,just a general question here.When i purchased my Titan late last year it was based on Vag's push that he would have a waterproof battery available in January,and that he would swap me with the non water resistant one.This been a big concern for me in my wet demegfafic.I've sent a coulpe of emails over the past ten days reguarding this and cant get a response from Gemini at all.This happened back in March as well.

Are there any issues with the company, any info would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by indebt View Post
    Hi guys,just a general question here.When i purchased my Titan late last year it was based on Vag's push that he would have a waterproof battery available in January,and that he would swap me with the non water resistant one.This been a big concern for me in my wet demegfafic.I've sent a coulpe of emails over the past ten days reguarding this and cant get a response from Gemini at all.This happened back in March as well.

Are there any issues with the company, any info would be appreciated.
    Did you check your Spam folder? Sometimes e-mail you want to read gets sorted to the wrong folder.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Thanx Cat-man-do,but no email response there either.Vag has fallen off the map it seems, as the last email i got returned was from a guy named Jay Delfin who said he was taking over Vag's position.Didn't ask questions so not sure exactly what the changes are.

Clearly their not monitoring this form as Vag used to, as he was always quick to jump in and most likely would have by now. Maybe a long company holiday?

mtbr member
    Thanx Cat-man-do,but no email response there either.Vag has fallen off the map it seems, as the last email i got returned was from a guy named Jay Delfin who said he was taking over Vag's position.Didn't ask questions so not sure exactly what the changes are.

Clearly their not monitoring this form as Vag used to, as he was always quick to jump in and most likely would have by now. Maybe a long company holiday?
    ...or maybe not. Maybe he sold his business, who knows. Maybe someone can ask the new guy what the low down is. I really am wondering what happened to Gemini because the last I heard they were suppose to be close to releasing a couple new lights. They were doing the contest thing to get people to come up with new name ideas. I never did hear what happened with that as I really don't do Facebook with businesses and they never came back on MTB'r to let us know who won.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Yes,there were some pretty good names mentioned right here on this forum for their new supposed light,and NO follow up that i can recaull.Correct me if i'm wrong.Well, if the situation is bleek,at least it isn't a big purchase this time.

mtbr member
    I can tell you from being on the industry side of the fence that sometimes life can get in the way of quick response, there were a few days last month where it was really hard for me to get online and take care of business. I also know how quickly a company can change at the higher levels thereby affecting everything below, NiteRider was a fun challenge at times while I was there.

I hope Vag is okay, not just for the sake of Gemini, also as a fellow rider and human. It is odd that he would go away so abruptly, I hope everything is alright.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Hi Shannon,i hope Vag is doing well myself,as even though i've brought Vag's name up several times with Gemini,no one has elaberated on his situation.I finally phoned the Victoria office after NO responses after 16 days.Spoke to the receptionist and suddenly recieved an email from the third different person over the year, Chris Lai.

He was very clear that Gemini was NOT going to follow through with Vag's promise to me to exchange my non waterproof battery with their new waterproof one,which was the deciding factor in my purchase.He just stated that if there is a problem within the warrenty they will take care of it.

My light is working fine,but has been used only as a helmet light where i store the battery in my camel pack not exposing it to the elements.And will probably stick to that plan.

Customer service is often the difference in this competitive buisness,and since Vag's departure i can say it seems to have changed with Gemini,at least in my experience.

mtbr member
    Hi Shannon,i hope Vag is doing well myself,as even though i've brought Vag's name up several times with Gemini,no one has elaberated on his situation.I finally phoned the Victoria office after NO responses after 16 days.Spoke to the receptionist and suddenly recieved an email from the third different person over the year, Chris Lai.

He was very clear that Gemini was NOT going to follow through with Vag's promise to me to exchange my non waterproof battery with their new waterproof one,which was the deciding factor in my purchase.He just stated that if there is a problem within the warrenty they will take care of it.

My light is working fine,but has been used only as a helmet light where i store the battery in my camel pack not exposing it to the elements.And will probably stick to that plan.

Customer service is often the difference in this competitive buisness,and since Vag's departure i can say it seems to have changed with Gemini,at least in my experience.

I am sorry to hear that, hopefully Vag is doing okay personally. Luckily you have me to hassle everyone here on MTBR.com, I only go away for short periods to have babies (last one) and to train with my National Guard unit.

Shannon

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    A belated congrats are in order Shannon. Thanx again for your input.Cheers!!!

mtbr member
    A belated congrats are in order Shannon. Thanx again for your input.Cheers!!!
    Thanks man! Our little Hana Rose is a lot of fun, at three weeks she's starting to smile, very cute.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    finger crossed, hope everything is fine

mtbr member
    I was contacted by Chris from Gemini just yesterday. It seems they are very busy and just haven't had time to do the forum thing. It seems the new light(s)(?) they are going to offer are still a ways off. No mention of Vag.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hello guys,

Thanks for your concern. This is Vaggelis (Vag) from my personal account and it just happened that I show that post.

My cooperation with Gemini has stopped last March and I am running my own, sourcing and QA company, here in Shenzhen.

All things happened very fast back in March and I did not have time to say goodbye (especially since I did not have a personal account here).

Bike Lights industry still excites me so I come every now and then and read the posts. Indebt I am really sorry for your battery man, I wish I could personally follow it up somehow.

Greets
    Vag

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Glad to hear things are going well Vag, Gemini lost a good man,and i'm sure some customers as well (me!!). If time allows, stay in touch Vag, good to hear from you.

Members who have read this thread: 0