another MTE ssc 97 torch issue- Mtbr.com
    mathlete
    Nov 2007

another MTE ssc 97 torch issue

The *high* mode on my MTE 2-mode P7 light quite working this evening. The *low* mode still works fine. Any tips on fixing this? I suspect is a bad tail switch. Anyone know where I can get a new one? Thanks - Remi

Nowt to do with NKOTB!
    THIS might be of some help.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cycleologist
    The *high* mode on my MTE 2-mode P7 light quite working this evening. The *low* mode still works fine. Any tips on fixing this? I suspect is a bad tail switch. Anyone know where I can get a new one? Thanks - Remi
    I wrote D/X once trying to buy a replacement switch/cap assembly. I never did get a response. There are web sites where you can buy the switch assemblies but of course you have to do the micro- soldering to do the repair. Sometimes the problem is just with getting good electrical contact. Lot's of times these things are easily resolved by tighting the metal O-rings on the switch assembly or pill assembly. Hopefully the link supplied by Dirty Dawg can help you.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do
    I wrote D/X once trying to buy a replacement switch/cap assembly. I never did get a response. There are web sites where you can buy the switch assemblies but of course you have to do the micro- soldering to do the repair. Sometimes the problem is just with getting good electrical contact. Lot's of times these things are easily resolved by tighting the metal O-rings on the switch assembly or pill assembly. Hopefully the link supplied by Dirty Dawg can help you.
    hello from belgium (french speaking part)

In my case, the PCB on which the switch ON / OFF is welded(in tailcap), was covered with glue. However, the metalic ring (of PCB) is needed to make contact with the body (it is the ground)...I just use a dremel-like tool to remove glue and now my lamp (MTE-P7) is working perfect (no more flickering at all).

the link of Dirty Dawg helped me a lot

thanks to this forum, because with your help I could build my triple ssc-P4 last winter, and repair my MTE-P7 this time

arnold444

Nowt to do with NKOTB!
    Glad you got it sorted.

I too find this forum a fantastic resource. Cheers folks!

Members who have read this thread: 0