Formerly PaintPeelinPbody

Amazon SecurityIng 3 Modes "2400LM" 3X Cree XM-L2 U2

Anyone have any experience with this one yet?

I like the looks of it because its got the XM-L2 emitters, but a different setup than the "Triangle" version also sold by SecurityIng. For the price, might as well go for the extra LED as well over the 2x Gemini Duo clone that same company sells.

Any thoughts?
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    ....Any thoughts?
    The only thought I have is, "Why would Amazon allow this kind of misrepresentation on their website being as mainstream as they are"? Obviously these lamps are not 2400 lumen. It's one thing for the Chinese to misrepresent the products they sell on their own websites but to see this from an American company is inexcusable. It's a wonder no one hasn't tried to go after Amazon for not policing their own website ( for false advertising ).

That said, about the lamp; Typical Chinese tri-clone with two steady modes. Output likely around 1200 lumen but no way to know for sure without seeing one in person. No mention was made if these are the , "1-2-3 led on for each mode", or if all leds are on for each mode. Likely the later. I say this because I have a quad lamp with a similar UI. Not a bad lamp but the low mode is not really that usable. This tri-clone ( judging from the video on Amazon ) looks like the low mode is a bit brighter. If so it would be more usable. Personally, I'd rather buy and use a lamp with three steady usable modes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    The only thought I have is, "Why would Amazon allow this kind of misrepresentation on their website being as mainstream as they are"? Obviously these lamps are not 2400 lumen. It's one thing for the Chinese to misrepresent the products they sell on their own websites but to see this from an American company is inexcusable. It's a wonder no one hasn't tried to go after Amazon for not policing their own website ( for false advertising ).
    It's not amazon selling it, they're just delivering it, Amazon SecurityIng 3 Modes "2400LM" 3X Cree XM-L2 U2

Sold by ePathDirect and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available

Anyway, I dont' know why anyone who has spent at least 10mins reading these forums, can approach buying one of these lights with any amount of seriousness, it's a total crapshoot.(says the guy who just ordered an XT40)

Any thoughts?
    My thoughts, and I like Amazon, are: almost no chance the photo/LEDs/specs are accurate. Well, it might have purple trim. For $31 I say buy it and tell us what you get.

Self deception and fantasy are not a path for success...

mtbr member
    The nice thing about Amazon is you get it in 2 days instead of 3 weeks (free shipping if you have Amazon prime) and you can return it for free if the item is defective or doesn't meet the product description. Since none of these Chinese lights meet the stated lumens you always have a reason for free return. I bought a couple of Solarstorm X2's and sent one of them back immediately because of poor output.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    ...It's not amazon selling it, they're just delivering it....
    Well...yes and no. They're not the company that owns the products being sold but they are the company lending their name, reputation and website to "Advertise" the product. As such I'm sure they must approve all ads. If you own the company doing the advertising it is ( or should be ) your responsibility to make sure that the product claims are legit.

I think it safe to say that "Amazon" is pretty much a household word to most Americans with access to the internet. "Securitying" on the other hand is just something written on the lamp by the people making most of the profits from the lamp being sold. All said, Amazon undoubtedly makes profits from the sales of the products being sold on their website and so ( IMO ) Amazon carries at least a partial responsibility if they allow ads to be overly deceptive or outright lies.

In the USA, no one should be able to pass the buck when it comes to business ethics or have we all suddenly contracted Alzheimer's and forgotten all the "White collar crime" of the past few years. Sorry, I just finished watching a hand full of episodes from the series, "American Greed". Some of those stories are absolutely horrible. Forgive me but as an American I expect better from American companies.

Notice that I didn't say I cared at all about the output. I care more about the emitter type than its specified output. I was just more curious if anyone else had purchased one. Sounds like no.
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

mtbr member
    I have a very similar light coming from GearBest for review.

And you linked the SecurityIng version of the UniqueFire HD-016 which I own and has been discussed in the HD-016 review thread.

-Garry

Garry,

Interested to see your review. I did see your HD-016 review and will default to either that or the XT40.

mtbr member
    Notice that I didn't say I cared at all about the output. I care more about the emitter type than its specified output. I was just more curious if anyone else had purchased one. Sounds like no.
    From the photo you supplied it looks like it uses XM-L2 emitters. Should be bright enough to make a decent light. I have one of the original tri-clones ( with standard XM-L T-6 ) and even though I didn't like the 1-2-3 LED operation it still was bright and made a decent lamp for people on a budget.

The advantage of using a lamp with 3 steady modes is that it allows the user to conserve battery power. If the lamp you posted had 3 steady modes ( L-M-H ) it would be flying off the shelves. For some reason I don't see too many round tri-emitter lamps with 3 steady modes. I do own one though. I reviewed it a while back. Its called the Manta Ray D003. The D003 has deeper reflectors though than the one you posted. Your's will likely have a wider beam pattern.

( edit; here's another round lamp using Xm-L2 with 3 steady modes. Looks interesting, hate the curled wire though. )