Which 700-1000 lumen 35mm bar mount?- Mtbr.com
    try driving your car less

Which 700-1000 lumen 35mm bar mount?

Note: must mount on 35mm bars. I am wanting self contained but not married to that. I have a MiNewt 350 on the helmet. I generally use the light to ride past sunset, but have not been going out in total darkness like I used to before kids. So I don't want to spend more than $100 on this light.

Lezyne Power Drive 900XL?
    What others can go stock onto a 35mm bar?
    Last edited by jh_on_the_cape; 12-08-2015 at 09:43 AM.
    Only boring people get bored.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Personally I prefer lights with a separate battery as both performance and runtime go way up. I also prefer proven brand names from reputable vendors as I just want a product that will work properly and get me home safe. Of coarse no brand is perfect thus using a good vendor.

Here's few that may interest you;

- Xeccon brand is affordable and uses rubber band mount which I have never had issues with and on a 35mm bar will be even tighter. Note: this is not self contained product!!

- Wiz -1/ Wiz-2,,, are self contained and look like the mounting system will accommodate 35mm bars. They are well priced right in the top of your budget.

- For an extra $49 over your budget and I think is the best product on the list here,,, is the Gemini Duo (2016). Very small 1500lumens, good reputation and reliability, and comes with a wireless remote. They use a rubber band mount as well which will work on your bars. I have the older version of this light on my 31mm bars and the light head never moved on my rides.

If your not willing to budge on your budget the Gemini Xera is just over a $100 and measured 935 OTF lumens,,,, same mount.

thanks. i agree totally on getting a proven brand! I did DIY lights for years and it was fun but I had a few rides with flickering lights.

I have not heard of any of those and they are not available from any of the usual online shops. I found Gemini at one place, nothing for Wiz, and Xeccon on amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by indebt View Post
    Personally I prefer lights with a separate battery as both performance and runtime go way up. I also prefer proven brand names from reputable vendors as I just want a product that will work properly and get me home safe. Of coarse no brand is perfect thus using a good vendor.

Here's few that may interest you;

- Xeccon brand is affordable and uses rubber band mount which I have never had issues with and on a 35mm bar will be even tighter. Note: this is not self contained product!!

- Wiz -1/ Wiz-2,,, are self contained and look like the mounting system will accommodate 35mm bars. They are well priced right in the top of your budget.

- For an extra $49 over your budget and I think is the best product on the list here,,, is the Gemini Duo (2016). Very small 1500lumens, good reputation and reliability, and comes with a wireless remote. They use a rubber band mount as well which will work on your bars. I have the older version of this light on my 31mm bars and the light head never moved on my rides.

If your not willing to budge on your budget the Gemini Xera is just over a $100 and measured 935 OTF lumens,,,, same mount.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jh_on_the_cape View Post
    thanks. i agree totally on getting a proven brand! I did DIY lights for years and it was fun but I had a few rides with flickering lights.

I have not heard of any of those and they are not available from any of the usual online shops. I found Gemini at one place, nothing for Wiz, and Xeccon on amazon.
    Both Xeccon and Wiz products I found using the icon's up on the right side of this page. Gemini products are sold at action-led-lights.com If you were looking elsewhere stick to action as their awesome to deal with.

RAKC
    Ituo Wiz series lights are direct order from manufacturer for us in the states for right now (they have a couple dealers in uk/europe).

One wiz that wasnt mentioned was the new wiz20. In your price range too, output is almost twice that of the wiz1 and 2. USB chargeable, but field changeable cells (for longer rides), 2+hr run time between charges.

Here's more info:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/lights-night-...20-996544.html

I had adblock on so did not see them. i turned it off and there they are.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    Ituo Wiz series lights are direct order from manufacturer for us in the states for right now (they have a couple dealers in uk/europe).

One wiz that wasnt mentioned was the new wiz20. In your price range too, output is almost twice that of the wiz1 and 2. USB chargeable, but field changeable cells (for longer rides), 2+hr run time between charges.

Here's more info:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/lights-night-...20-996544.html
    Forgot about that one,,, only $99,,, thought it would have been more$$$ good value and neutral tint. Personally I would choose that one over the Wiz1/2 for bar use.

RAKC
    $99 doesn't include cells though. But $15 for a pair of protected Panasonic 3400 cells and you get 2.5hrs run time.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Light and Motion Urban 800. Love mine...