35 MM Bar Mount Solution- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

35 MM Bar Mount Solution

I have been looking for a clean mount for my 35MM bars. Everything i found out there was a bulky mount or had a rubber strap. I turned to Vancbiker and he came up with a solution. He is also offering these if anybody needs one.

Big thank's to Kevin ( Vancbiker )

35 MM Bar Mount Solution-20150909_212038_resized.jpg35 MM Bar Mount Solution-20150909_215542_resized.jpg35 MM Bar Mount Solution-20150909_215555_resized.jpg35 MM Bar Mount Solution-20150909_215621_resized.jpg
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson C

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Looks good! Big light on a big bike!

I have some of those 32mm mounts coming in to mod to 35mm. PM or e-mail me from the site linked in my sig for price and additional info.
    GoPro adapters for bike lights http://www.pacifier.com/~kevinb/index.html

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Runner View Post
    I have been looking for a clean mount for my 35MM bars. Everything i found out there was a bulky mount or had a rubber strap. I turned to Vancbiker and he came up with a solution. He is also offering these if anybody needs one.

Big thank's to Kevin ( Vancbiker )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150909_215621_resized.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	1014513
    Okay I just have to ask this question; With the lamp so big / heavy , do you notice any vibration with the lamp using this mount? With the mount protruding away from the bars ( and not looking that beefy ) I would think it might vibrate a little (?)...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Okay I just have to ask this question; With the lamp so big / heavy , do you notice any vibration with the lamp using this mount? With the mount protruding away from the bars ( and not looking that beefy ) I would think it might vibrate a little (?)...

I have done two rides and no vibration problem's i can notice. One of the rides was with my family on dirt trails in my neighborhood that are maintained by the hoa.
    The other was a fire road with 1-2' drops and alot of medium rock gardens.

I had this mount for numerous rides before i went to the 35mm bars. And my Girlfriend runs the same mount with a BT40s. I applied a thin rubber tape that's on the inside of the mount if that even helps. I put it there not scratch the surface of my bars.
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson C

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do
    The mount is a very sturdy piece. I can't imagine it suffering a noticeable vibration.

If anything causes trouble with these, I believe it will be related to the loose quality control that seems endemic with Chinese machined parts. The thread fits were a little sloppy on this mount. Certainly good enough for mounting it on the bike, but probably not too durable if mounted and removed frequently.

If someone wants a higher quality version, the same re-machining process should be able to be applied to the K-Edge mount.

GO BIG Pro Handlebar Mount - GoPro™ Style Interface Cycling Mounts (also works with Garmin VIRB & Shimano CM1000) - K-EDGE Camera Mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Runner View Post
    .....I applied a thin rubber tape that's on the inside of the mount if that even helps. I put it there not scratch the surface of my bars.
    That brings up a good point. Do folks typically want to put a rubber strip on to prevent scratches or maintain metal to metal for heatsinking. If a "pad" is preferred how much larger should the bore be? I made Desert Runners to 35.1mm. That will work best in metal to metal as there is not much room for tape or anything.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    35 MM Bar Mount Solution-suportems2.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    The mount is a very sturdy piece. I can't imagine it suffering a noticeable vibration.

If anything causes trouble with these, I believe it will be related to the loose quality control that seems endemic with Chinese machined parts. The thread fits were a little sloppy on this mount. Certainly good enough for mounting it on the bike, but probably not too durable if mounted and removed frequently.

If someone wants a higher quality version, the same re-machining process should be able to be applied to the K-Edge mount.

GO BIG Pro Handlebar Mount - GoPro™ Style Interface Cycling Mounts (also works with Garmin VIRB & Shimano CM1000) - K-EDGE Camera Mounts

That brings up a good point. Do folks typically want to put a rubber strip on to prevent scratches or maintain metal to metal for heatsinking. If a "pad" is preferred how much larger should the bore be? I made Desert Runners to 35.1mm. That will work best in metal to metal as there is not much room for tape or anything.

RAKC
    Wow there is no way id do all that to mount a light. Just TOO much going on. Vancs solution may be a bit more expensive but its much less of a hassle.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    Wow there is no way id do all that to mount a light. Just TOO much going on. Vancs solution may be a bit more expensive but its much less of a hassle.
    mentawais' system does center the light over the stem though. The modified K edge replica makes the light sit to the side of the stem. I've always preferred the light centered for aesthetic (OCD?) reasons. That's one of the reasons I went to the work to build the stem faceplate GoPro mount.

RAKC
    Lol, your not the only one. That's why I bought that handlebar extension. Sadly its going to take a good bit of time for everything to catch up to 35mm bars. Though these constantly changing standards for tiny gains (that blind testing no one would know the difference) is getting really annoying.

Ride More - Suffer Less

Gloworm & Lupine play nice on 35mm bars

Here is my Gloworm XS mounted up to my 35mm Race Face Atlas bars using a Lupine 35mm mount.

You need the screw from the gloworm bar mount and a few o-rings..

Super simple and pretty clean....

35 MM Bar Mount Solution-glowormlupine35mm.jpg

Action LED Lights
    We should have a 35mm Gloworm mount about the end of next week.

35 MM Bar Mount Solution-x2-bar-manual.jpg

Fits all versions of Gloworm lights
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

Action LED Lights
    The 35mm Gloworm mount have finally arrived and are available HERE. Don't be put off by the material. These carbon fiber fill nylon mounts are very stiff and strong.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Excellent. I've been waiting for light manufacturers to realize there are 35mm bars.

mtbr member
    35 MM Bar Mount Solution-1457661505258930705245.jpg
    I use velo orange accessory mount that I bought from amazon.