$160.00 for a battery replacement For NiteRider aren't there any other options- Mtbr.com

Aug 2009

$160.00 for a battery replacement For NiteRider aren't there any other options

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    So......you could say that you are passionate about finding a cheaper replacement alternative?

Bandolero

The Reeling

Quote Originally Posted by civil
    So......you could say that you are passionate about finding a cheaper replacement alternative?
    I'd say he's passionate about finding that there's a DIY forum for lights.

Or that he's passionate about finding battery-space, all-battery, or taking his battery pack to Batteries Plus to be repaired.

Or passionate about putting the question into the subject.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    This thread may interest you: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=252434

Its got what plants crave
    What kind of battery and what voltage? I bought a lithium battery and charger from Batteryspace.com and it blows the NIMH battery the light originally came with out of the water in every respect, even weight/size.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

Trail Liberator
    Batteries Plus is a great store if you got one. I paid around eighty dollars for a rebuilt nickel metal hydride for my niterider enduro.

mtbr member
    Depending on the voltage and mAH you need, the holders I sell may work for you. They let you use cheap and easy to replace cells, so you'll never again be stuck with buying expensive battery packs and specialized chargers.

Check out the below link for more info.

Oh yea, also this thread over in the DIY section >>

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    This is the hidden issue in lights - the cost of replacement batteries. many of these have prices that make your eyes water. It's worth it to make that part of your evaluation when you buy a light. With Li-ion's especially, you are going to be buying a new light in 3-4 years. They just die (eventually) from age.

J.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ80
    This is the hidden issue in lights - the cost of replacement batteries. many of these have prices that make your eyes water. It's worth it to make that part of your evaluation when you buy a light. With Li-ion's especially, you are going to be buying a new light in 3-4 years. They just die (eventually) from age.

J.
    100% agree here. You'll be back for a pack, expect it. A big reason I decided to use DIY holders in my own light kits. A much better value in the long run. They'll thank me

Its got what plants crave
    sdnative the link to your 'light kits' doesn't work. I like the idea of the cell holders and replacing whichever cells are defective rather than an entire pack.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    sdnative the link to your 'light kits' doesn't work. I like the idea of the cell holders and replacing whichever cells are defective rather than an entire pack.
    Yea, sorry ...need to update those. Check out the website instead.

Personally, I think it's the way to go if you want both value and performance. Packs just cost more both upfront and in the long run.

Members who have read this thread: 0