XML Flashlight for possible modding?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

XML Flashlight for possible modding?

Has anyone done bidness with this ebay vendor? They say they are in the UK: XML Flashlight from ebay
    "It looks flexy"

A waste of time it is is
    They say they are in the UK but the goods are in Granada, Spain

mtbr member
    ...What emu26 said. Conversion price is $31.46 USD plus shipping. This is an interesting find however. If you scroll down on the disclaimer, the dealer is being very honest about the torch. This torch host is the same as the Skyray and Uniquefire R-5, only with an XM-L drop-in. Like the Skyray it uses a P-60 drop-in. The drop-in used in this torch is single mode only...on/off. Set-up to use 4.2 volts, ideal for 18650 use. A quick search shows the Chinese are pumping the same model out and have a five mode as well. I really like the Skyray type torch host. I wish I had one. Maybe with the next order..

mtbr member
    20 / 32 days delivery so they dont exist just yet with XML T6 leds in

Or am just a sceptical pessimist

looks a nice little lamp though

mtbr member
    I'm not the seller, FYI (obviously).... just hoping someone would say "I know that seller" and I could order one to the US I guess not?
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do
    I really like the Skyray type torch host. I wish I had one. Maybe with the next order..
    I have that torch body with XP-G R5 drop in, it's a pita to mount compared to a smooth center torch body.

mtbr member
    Yeah I'm pretty sure i know him...

Im sure his name is Del something

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbubbles
    I have that torch body with XP-G R5 drop in, it's a pita to mount compared to a smooth center torch body.
    Umm....I guess it depends on your helmet. I like that it has a bit more metal around the drop-in vs. the standard WF-501B. I can see how it might cause problems for some however it is one fine good looking host.

Oh damn, I just saw this on the link at the bottom:

Quote:
    I only sell items that I have experience of and am confident of their quality. I do not want to disappoint anyone, I am based in Spain and at present these are being shipped directly from the Far East until my own stocks arrive. As a result the delivery time may be relatively slow but probably no slower than other suppliers based in the Far East. If this is unacceptable to you, please accept my apologies and do not order.

This item will be sent by certified mail and a tracking number will be supplied.
    This means they are shipped from China like the rest. ( only you pay a middle man more money... ) gticlay, I'd look elsewhere. Troutie is right, hard to believe anyone has these ready and waiting right now. Best just to find the best price, order then wait patiently.

whs
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do
    This means they are shipped from China like the rest. ( only you pay a middle man more money... )
    Give us all a break please with such nonsense. All shops (brick or internet) are intermediaries between you and the manufacturer, actually, usually between you and the distributor for your country. So you buy all products you ever buy direct from each factory? I didn't think so.

In any event, anyone claiming to have these ready to go now is almost certainly talking bullsh*t. Even Cutter won't be able to send out XM-L LEDs until ca. Christmas. There are lots of listings on alibaba.com for XM-L torches, but these are all undoubtedly not really available yet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by whs
    Give us all a break please with such nonsense. All shops (brick or internet) are intermediaries between you and the manufacturer, actually, usually between you and the distributor for your country. So you buy all products you ever buy direct from each factory? I didn't think so.

In any event, anyone claiming to have these ready to go now is almost certainly talking bullsh*t. Even Cutter won't be able to send out XM-L LEDs until ca. Christmas. There are lots of listings on alibaba.com for XM-L torches, but these are all undoubtedly not really available yet.
    I think Catmando meant your paying a second middle man..and whats the point? Assuming Deal Extreme get them from the manufactuer then pass them on to the customer.. they have gone from manu to DX to customer.
    In this case with the ebay seller, they are probably ordering from Deal Extreme and then bumping the cost up a bit and selling them on to make a profit..
    So manu to DX to Numpty in Spain to ebay customer

Not Nonsense, a valid point i think..
    Why line someone elses pocket when you can get them cheaper yourself?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldigger
    I think Catmando meant your paying a second middle man..and whats the point? Assuming Deal Extreme get them from the manufactuer then pass them on to the customer.. they have gone from manu to DX to customer.
    In this case with the ebay seller, they are probably ordering from Deal Extreme and then bumping the cost up a bit and selling them on to make a profit..
    So manu to DX to Numpty in Spain to ebay customer

Not Nonsense, a valid point i think..
    Why line someone elses pocket when you can get them cheaper yourself?
    Yes, you are correct. I assumed most people knew that places like D/X and China Goods were dealers and not manufacturers. The stuff is made in China. Places like DX and CG are also Chinese. They ship from China. The OP didn't want to wait for stuff from China. The problem was the e-bay dealer looked like he had 9 or so in stock, however scrolling to the bottom of the ad it became apparent that was not the case. He stated the product was shipping from China directly to the buyer. I suppose there's nothing really wrong with that as long as you know that from the git-go. I have no doubt the ebay dealer is just another link in the middle-man product availability chain. Regardless, it isn't what the OP wanted.

mtbr member
    KD say shipping in 3 days

http://kaidomain.com/ProductDetails....roductId=11104

how reliable will that be

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    that looks exactly like the xp-g 5 mode light i have i wonder if they have just changed the emitter or if they have changed driver too so that yoy drive it harder then 1000Ma

here is a 1 mode dropin but no current spechs there either
    http://kaidomain.com/ProductDetails....roductId=11106

Members who have read this thread: 0