Would like to see systems you guys are making for other people.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Would like to see systems you guys are making for other people.

I'm new, as of about 30 minutes ago, to the light forum. I would like too see some light systems that you guys are making for other people. I really like the small, powerful lights that I am seeing here. I would eventually like to buy one, but I know nothing about them or anything electrical. Also, I just had the idea of integrating a stem top cap with a small light mount, I think it would be a cool place to mount a light. Does anyone do that?
    Last edited by Mountain Cycle Shawn; 11-28-2010 at 12:30 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn
    I'm new, as of about 30 minutes ago, to the light forum. I would like too see some light systems that you guys are making for other people. I really like the small, powerful lights that I am seeing here. I would eventually like to buy one. Also, I just had the idea of integrating a stem top cap with a small light mount, I think it would be a cool place to mount a light. Does anyone do that?

Hi (waves ) Shawn

The list is long of folks who sell either complete lights or self build kits a few on this thread

and every thing that is for sale will have a thread buried in the forum just needs a little time to Fish about and find the light for you .
    there is something to suit every budget and lumen needs .

the top cap idea can and has been done but the bolt is only really for preloading the head set bearings so to stop it moving needs too much pressure and may result in headset bearing premature failure. or pulling the star nut out

mtbr member
    Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Stem Cap light Mount

Re the stem cap mount

Yep, PAUL Components make one see http://www.paulcomp.com/stemlightmount.html

I have a couple here that i might take a look at for a project

Cheers

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kadikater
    Wow, that's pretty fantastic looking. Too bad I can't read it The lenses look trippy on the close up pics. Seems like that light would overheat with the small lamp head and have a meltdown.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hi guys,

the light build is mine. Karsten did the electronics for me.
    it is a complete set with battery and charger.

it has thermal protection, so there is no danger of overheating.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...64851#poststop

Cheers,
    Robert
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Would like to see systems you guys are making for other people.-cimg5469.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Roberts light is the best I own. Incredible measured 2400lm. This light on the bar and a small like the DX on the helmet you´re ready for the worst and fastest trails.

Sorry, at the moment I have no beamshots. Here is much snow and on the snow the light is too bright

Members who have read this thread: 0