Water Bottle Battery Holder- Mtbr.com
    A Man Of The Truth

Water Bottle Battery Holder

Every year I think how I need a better battery holder for my lights but I never have time to find a good solution. My new bike has one bottle holder spot and you can fit one of those smallish bottles into.

So I use two cheapish amazon lights. The batteries come in little pouches that I typically independently zip tie to the frame. Then I velcro-tie the cables together. It's kind of a mess but it works as long as you leave it in there. But its a pain in the ass to remove them, and then reinstall them. Plus the pouches are so cheap, they tend to fail also.

But I can't just toss the batteries into a bottle and call it a day. They'll be bouncing around like crazy and definitely get damaged and eventually fail. What I need is some way to store them in a bottle where they are held in position. All these little gimmickey biking nicknacks out there, you'd think someone would make something for this very purpose, a bottle-shaped battery holder.

A friend once just put small strypfoam peas in there to pack it tight. I don't like this because it will help the batteries overheat in the summer. Plus the peas always get everywhere any time you open it. Other's had suggested you could 3d print a little frame of some kind.

Has anyone come up with a good diy/hack solution to this problem?
    I use two of these lights: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1000_.jpg
    The battery is in a pouch but you can slide it right out. If there was space in the bottle for the access light cable, I could clean up all the wire routing which would be really great. And I could take the whole thing off or put it on in a second or two.
    Check out my Mountain Bike Keychains on eBay

MHC
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I bought a tool bottle to store a few spares, pump & tube.
    I had room for a 4S Li battery so fitted it inside using a waterproof cable gland.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    I took some foam padding, like for large pipes or roll bars to fill the space. Works well.

jl
    climb
    I have the same setup. I used a water bottle with the spout cut off for the cable, and some sophisticated newspaper stuffed in the bottle to keep the batteries from bouncing around.
    We don't need more to be thankful for; we just need to be more thankful.