tracking?- Mtbr.com

Thread: tracking?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

tracking?

have ordered lights,etc.. from dealextreme and it says it was shipped about 2 weeks ago but now i can not find any updated tracking info. is there a secret to tracking orders from dealextreme?

MTBiker
    Oct 2006
    Interesting, granted things actually ship from DX, I usually get them in about 5 days (I'm in California). Give it a couple more days then contact them.
    We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace -Michael Franti

Lets RIDE!
    No secret.....you can't really track them. I think when they say "shipped via tracked airmail" they mean that they can track it.

2 weeks is the fastest I've ever received a DX order here in the northeast US, once it was listed as "shipped". Just once.

The deals are extreme. But not the service. I'm waiting on 4 small orders, placed almost a month ago. They'll get here....eventually.

JZ
    It's not about speed, it's about lack of control.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    double post

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    I don't think that even DX can track it. I believe that their version of 'tracking' is what most people would call 'registered mail'. i.e. they can check eventually verify delivery, but they can't tell where a package actually is. I live in Hong Kong, so I'm passably familiar with the way the postal system works out here.

At least, this is for the airmail option. Probably different for higher cost shipping options.

MTBiker
    Oct 2006
    For orders over $15 you actually can track it, it lets you know when it leaves hong kong, arrives in the US, and stops along the way.
    We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace -Michael Franti

Lets RIDE!
    I received the first of my 4 orders today. Ship date was 2/18, so 16 days in transit....not too bad by DX standards. Of course I placed the orders around 2/1 (web site said "in stock"), so we're talking 5 weeks overall.

JZ
    It's not about speed, it's about lack of control.

Fortes Fortuna Iuvat
    Like JimZ, mine too took over 2 weeks to arrive to the Northeast after ordering, even with EMS shipping.
    Maverick Durance Ano-DUC32/C KING/XTR
    Mav ML8 Ano-DUC32/X0
    Mav ML8-DUC32/I9/XTR
    09 Spec. Demo-Totem-Ti DHX
    Norco Team DH

Single Speed Junkie
    DX actually will ship and deliver product. Sometimes they are slow for what ever reason.

With Cutter I'm still waiting on an order placed Late Jan. Ordered quite a bit of stuff from them, yet no parts. Dang near ready to call up VISA at this point.

Austin, TX
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by crux
    DX actually will ship and deliver product. Sometimes they are slow for what ever reason.

With Cutter I'm still waiting on an order placed Late Jan. Ordered quite a bit of stuff from them, yet no parts. Dang near ready to call up VISA at this point.
    That's discouraging. I just got a shipment notice from Deal Extreme this morning for an order I placed almost 4 weeks ago for items that were definitely in stock at the time. I started to consider ordering some XP-Es from Cutter but it sounds like they're not any quicker!

Off the back...
    My last Cutter order took 17 days from the time I ordered online until it appeared in my mailbox. That's faster than most of my orders from the US.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I can only see when DX ship to HK post and when pack leaves HK. To see if it have arrive to my town I have to look for tracking number at my post office. Custom holds it for a week or so

Members who have read this thread: 0