Small Switch?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Small Switch?

Single Speed Junkie

Small Switch?

I have been searching for a small push button switch and the smallest version I have found is @ 17.5mm. Is there any around 10mm or so that is IP67 compliant?

Bandolero

Local stores in ABQ

Quote Originally Posted by crux
    I have been searching for a small push button switch and the smallest version I have found is @ 17.5mm. Is there any around 10mm or so that is IP67 compliant?
    Check out Walker Electronics or Electronic Parts for that instant gratification that can't be met by RS.

I think Walker had some smaller ones, but Electronic Parts looked to have more bigger stock.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I am thinking about using a non waterproof switch, but puting the switch inside my housing and having a stretchy rubber boot fitted in a hole in the case with a little nub to poke the switch. Should be ultra small. I know I have seen sealed switch schemes like this, now I just have to find or make the rubber boot. I have a huge 12mm rubber boot but want one that's more like 8mm.

Lets RIDE!
    Jay, my old dual halogen CygoLight had that kind of switch.....small rubber dome (~3/8") protruding from the back of the housing, with a cheap spst clicky switch behind it. Of course the front of the housing wasn't waterproof at all, and neither was the power connector, so what was the point?

JZ
    It's not about speed, it's about lack of control.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Good photos of a home made normally open push button

I actually used something very similar to this on one of my tail lights. Works like a charm, cheap simple and probably submersible. I think I might use a cut up dx glow in the dark rubber boot if i can wait for the sea turtles to deliver it. Already have a few mouse clicky switches. Its the cheapest option and it gives me the chance o recycle some more parts so I think its a go.

Pulled this up with the search function of all things.
    Link to old thread:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...ghlight=switch

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerjay
    I actually used something very similar to this on one of my tail lights. Works like a charm, cheap simple and probably submersible. I think I might use a cut up dx glow in the dark rubber boot if i can wait for the sea turtles to deliver it. Already have a few mouse clicky switches. Its the cheapest option and it gives me the chance o recycle some more parts so I think its a go.

Pulled this up with the search function of all things.
    Link to old thread:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...ghlight=switch

Whoa cool thread , That is a very reliable and cheap switch set up . .

looks good too

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    love that momentary switch setup - made one similar based off that thread for a remote mounted switch on my achesalot. Mounted the switch to the side of my helmet - made it a ot easier to control the b-flex that way.

Unfortunately, if you need a true click-on, click-off , like for controlling dimming on a buckpuck, the mouse button scenario doesn't work.

Members who have read this thread: 0