Small Light- Mtbr.com

Thread: Small Light

mtbr member

Small Light

Next week me and a few buddies are racing/riding at the Bontrager 24/12. Most have led and hid lighting systems from Lupine, Exposure etc, but one team member wanted a better light to replace his aged halogen light, so the Small Light was born...

I must at this point thank Troutie for turning the housing on his lathe. In next to no time (and for a very reasonable price) he turned my 2D sketchup design into reality. The workmanship is top quality and his attention to detail is second to none... Top one!
    P1020117.JPG

Five xpe are powered by a maxflex and 11.1v Li ion. I have used four narrow carclo optics and one eliptical, so the beam is similar to the other xpe/carclo lights out there!
    5carlo.jpg

Despite being only 2" long and 1 5/8" in diameter, the small light has a surface area of about 18" square, so heat is readily shifted away from the leds.
    P1020115.JPG

The maxflex is heatsinked to the outside world by copper pipe, I stole this idea from someone on CPF who was modding a maglight..
    P1020076.JPG

The switch has a built in led to indicate battery status, and a 35mm glass camera lens protects the optics from the glorious UK weather! With the modified Electron bar mount, the light weighs in at 148g

mtbr member
    That's a fantastic little light! Really neat and well finished. Does the maxFlex still monitor the led temp?
    And what is the switch and connector that you are using? I'm still trying to find the perfect ones!

Members who have read this thread: 0