Simple DIY housing?- Mtbr.com
    Person
    Sep 2005

Simple DIY housing?

Anyone see this new housing at KD? Who want to take a chance, spend $20, and tell us how it works?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Sure, why not order it from KD? Then you can wait for, say, two weeks or three months or so to get delivery and, who knows, they might even send you the right part the first time.

Let us know how it comes out!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Ordered many things from KD. Never had a problem. I know it happens, but for the price it is very hard to beat.
    KD and Cutter order delays are part of the DIY experience.
    It is a cool light body and worth the wait if you don't want to invest in a lathe.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    odtexas:

You're absolutely right. But it's also part of the experience to gripe about KD and DX. They do have stuff that can't be gotten elsewhere and, against my better judgment, I'll order from them again. As for Cutter, they are certainly a cut above the HK outfits.

And it is a nice looking housing but I have a lathe, so....

Jul 2008
    Baulz .. nice looking find. Pity it comes with emitters ...

Would be easy to do a Dinotte style mounting by filing a groove in one side and hooking the band through the fins.

The side-spill from the glowing front could be distracting for some but a bonus for others who want side visibility.

mtbr member
    Nice find! It looks like the plastic clear front part may be glued though so it may be hard to upgrade the LED's without re-working the front, though that may not be a bad idea anyway.

Members who have read this thread: 0