Replacement Battery for Cygolite- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Replacement Battery for Cygolite

I have a Cygolite that uses a waterbottle sizes NiMH 6v 5Ah battery. I am a novice in these matters but would like a cheap alternative to replacing the battery. I have the old one so I can use the cable if need be. Bring on the advice. I live in Israel but can order the good s if need be and have family bring it over from the U.S. in two weeks.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    you can get the whole light for 36! i think this would be cheaper then getting a replacement batt. Sorry don't know about getting to Israel

http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=C...=next&start=10

mtbr member
    I already have two other lights but if I can find a cheap replacement why toss the old one. Thanks for the lead... I also did that math.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Open up the battery and check what size the cells are. They are probably full C size cells. A good replacement would be some Low-Self-Discharge C cells like the Accupower Evolution. You'll need five cells, and unfortunately they only sell in pairs for about $15 a pair, so you're looking at $45 dollars here. That's in the ballpark of a whole new light.

If you don't mind reduced runtime, five AA Eneloops will work in a pinch. They're only 2000mAh, so runtime will be only 40% of the original (i.e. about 1 hour with both 6W halogens on, or 2 hours with only one bulb on).

Members who have read this thread: 0