Quick battery question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Quick battery question

Hi everyone

I have seen some batteries on Hobby City
    http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=9174

How will these fair for bike lights? My light will be drawing 55w on max, at 18v, so 3Amps. These batteries are rated of a 20C discharge. So well within the limits. ( I think!)

I just want to check that I am on the right track and not spending $50 on something that wont work. I'm looking at using this battery to replace my 5S2P Li-Ion 18650 setup. Which is rather bulky!

Thanks for any input

Andrew

mtbr member
    Should work fine, although not alot of run time at max power (bout 1.5 hours)......Need to see pictures of this monster light, is this the 6 mce?

you crazy crazy man

Just remember that there is a risk you might get stung with import tax, been caught out with that once buying stuff from the states.

Have a word with smudgemtb he is in the uk and might be able to supply something suitable

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    As it's designed for high discharge applications, it should work better than you 18650 based pack. After all 20C is 100 amps and you are drawing only 3. Just be careful with that pack. Bad things will happen fast if it gets shorted.

To properly care for batteries like this a balancing charger is a good idea.

mtbr member
    Bumphumper, it is for the 6 MC-E but that is still classified at the moment!! Still working out the best combination of my two drivers to power it. I definitly won't need 55w all the time, unless the Mega Avalanche is going to be run at night! Now there's a tip for the organisers!
    Also got to get the housing right first time, lots of 3D modeling.

Vroom, I have got a proper charger/balancer so am ok in that department. I saw a friend short the battery from a 'toy' tank, it was like a mini arc welder! I defo don't want to repeat that!

Members who have read this thread: 0