Powerful LED Headlamp & Bikelight, LEDs directly soldered to copper- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Powerful LED Headlamp & Bikelight, LEDs directly soldered to copper

Hi all bikers,
    I want to present you result of my hard work - my powerful LED headlamp & bikelight. Let me first introduce myself. Many years ago, I fell in love with sport. Now I do all sport activities you can ever imagine - running, cross country cycling, orienteering, climbing, kayaking, cross country sking or triathlon. Racing almost every week with totally more than 60 competitions a year, which last from 3 minutes to 24hours, during day or night.

I struggled to find good strong light so I decided to built my own one. And I suceeded though it took more time than I thought at first - almost three years. I have designed, programmed and machined most of it by myself. Now I have few friends which could help me with it as its too much to do in only one person.

Lucifer headlamp & bikelight - powerful, waterproof headlamp with high efficiency electronics, LEDs soldered directly on a piece of copper, intelligent user interface, powered by 2 li-ion 18650 cells. Can be easily mount on a bike or cycling helmet.

Powerful LED Headlamp & Bikelight, LEDs directly soldered to copper-nahledy01.jpg

Powerful LED Headlamp & Bikelight, LEDs directly soldered to copper-nahledy02.jpg

Powerful LED Headlamp & Bikelight, LEDs directly soldered to copper-nahledy03.jpg

Powerful LED Headlamp & Bikelight, LEDs directly soldered to copper-nahledy04.jpg

Key specification:

• CNC milled body (hard) anodized
    • 2 x XM-L2 leds - can be 5000K, 4000K or 3000K HiCRI, highest bin available
    • powered by two 18650 Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mAh li-ion cells
    • can be used with unprotected cells as batterycase has its own protection circuit with only 9 miliohms of resistance
    • 2 x PMMA optics - any combination of 13, 20 and 29 optics angle
    • in-house developed synchronous switching converter - high effeciency (>95%) with constant current output, no PWM
    • intelligent user interface with 7 modes (very low, low, mid, high, boost, blink, sos)
    • Waterproof to 1m - IPX7
    • Temperature protection, battery discharge protection, battery overcurrent protection and many more features
    • Maximum light output 1600lm

Full details on following link. I started crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo (site like Kickstarter):
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/l...ight/x/5581517

This is direct link to our 4 minutes video, where you can see what exactly is our headlamp and how its made:

This is interactive simulator of our Lucifer headlamp. You can try user interface before deciding to buy :
    LUCIFER HEADLAMP - Interactive user interface simulator

This is our Lucifer Facebook page, please share with your friends. You can write in german, english or czech.
    http://www.facebook.com/luciferlights

If you want one, buy it through mentioned crowdfunding campaign.
    Fell free to post comments and ask questions. You can also write me pm or email to peter@luciferlights.net

mtbr member
    looks really impressive, sounds like you put a lot of thought and effort into it. Price is pretty reasonable too. Couple of Qs - 1, how do you make the direct thermal path? Is the copper substrate/ plate raised to the height of the red +/- plate or is the gap filled with solder? 2 (and this might be worth answering on your product page), how exactly does the UI work? Click up levels, hold to go down? How does it switch off? How do you activate the hidden modes? In my opinion, it's the UI and its features that distinguishes upmarket lights from the mass produced Chinese lights. I'm guessing you're using an ATtiny25 or above?

good luck with the campaign, fingers crossed you fill it soon!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    1) LEDs are directly soldered to copper. Between LED and copper is small layer of solder, as thin as could be. Picture of it in campaign is maybe little misleading, copper plate and red plate are aligned to one height.

2) Go to this link LUCIFER HEADLAMP - Interactive user interface simulator

3) It is Attiny461

mtbr member
    Very nice work, Petr. Do you have any pics of your helmet mount and the connectors?
    I like your battery case. Custom as well?

mtbr member
    petr, I really like what I see and wish you the best of luck. I assume that you will ship/post to the UK.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Ofroad'bent: Battery case is custom. I will post more pictures.
    yetibetty: Thanks. Yes, shipping to all countries.

mtbr member
    Thanks. PS- your simulator doesn't work on an iPad, even though I' sure I will love it when I get back from vacation.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Powerful LED Headlamp & Bikelight, LEDs directly soldered to copper-nahledy05.jpg
    Powerful LED Headlamp & Bikelight, LEDs directly soldered to copper-nahledy06.jpg

Couple more pictures. Especially I like our new headbands. Also some pictures of regular lighthead holder, helmet mount and connectors.

Ofroad'bent : Well, I tried that on one internet iPad simulator and it worked fine. As I dont have iPad, its little tricky to make it work.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Hi all,
    as you see, our crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo.com wasnt sucessful. But despite this fact, we are STARTING PRODUCTION run of these beautiful Lucifer lights, as we got lot of feedback, encouraging responses and support from our sporting friends. During last three weeks we worked really hard to prepare production and cut down all unimportant costs.

Please, If anybody of you contributed to campaign, write me an email to peter@luciferlights.com if you are still interested in buying Lucifer light. Delivery date 8th December is valid and the introductionary price ($110) also. Its also offer for anybody else who likes and wants to order this light.

We plan to start web blog to inform you about production progress and all details behind it. Also, we made some slight changes (higher waterproofness, lower total weight), which will make this product even better - details later.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Just came across this conversation from a few years ago. I have one of Peter's headlamps - the single LED model. I use it for camping and bushwalking. It's stunning - just fantastic. And the quality of construction is - I think - unparalleled!