Okay..What Is The Good Stuff These Days For Torch Lights?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Okay..What Is The Good Stuff These Days For Torch Lights?

Alright, finally buying some lights this week...I almost did late last fall but decided to hold off.

Here's the light that I'm looking at -

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.22569
    (MTE SF-23 SSC P7-D-SXO 5-Mode Memory 900-Lumen LED)

I was going to get one for the handles and one for the helmet. Seem reasonable? Is there a better light out there that I'm just not finding on DealExtreme? Is it too big for a helmet light?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Weight wise, 1 of this size is okay once you get used to it.

But the output of my first P7 was abit vague and helmet mounted I didn't really get on with it, I was always searching around for the spot to see abit further but never far enough.

The MTE MC-E 8 Mode is what I use on my head, but it's got a dark spot in the middle so I run a Q5 spot to fill this in, trying a better reflector to try to solve this and reduce the weight on my head.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Gotcha. I was wondering about the larger one on the head... I think I might look at something a little smaller, maybe around 250 lumens, for the helmet.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    250's enough when it's dry ground, but not enough on wet ground.

DX isn't working There is a really small Cree R2 torch, you could run 2 on your head easy so 500lumens both on, and easy 1/2 power mode ( just switch 1 on ) $27 each I think it was.

Better spot.

2 x TR-801's are also very good, IF you get the Q5 LED's not the cheap P4's as mine came with

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Just realized I may have tossed this into the wrong forum too...sorry about that.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Gotcha. For some reason the secure DX site is working pretty well...just do https instead of http. It's weird but I'll take it

Quote Originally Posted by Turveyd
    250's enough when it's dry ground, but not enough on wet ground.

DX isn't working There is a really small Cree R2 torch, you could run 2 on your head easy so 500lumens both on, and easy 1/2 power mode ( just switch 1 on ) $27 each I think it was.

Better spot.

2 x TR-801's are also very good, IF you get the Q5 LED's not the cheap P4's as mine came with

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Nah still down, torches and strapping them too your bike is DIY to me

Members who have read this thread: 0