Niterider Minewt.X2 Dual & Niterider Minewt.X2- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Niterider Minewt.X2 Dual & Niterider Minewt.X2

I am thinking about this setup for racing this summer. The dual on the bars and the single on the helmet. Anyone else run this or have an opinion?

What length extension cord do I need in order for the helmet setup?

Thanks -

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Well, I've got the duals on my bars, but nothing on the helmet yet. I like them, though I do have some concern over the fact that the low battery indicators turn on much earlier than what I'd expect.

Yes, I think you'd want the additional light on the helmet. I'm about to purchase a TriNewt for the bars and move the duals to my helmet.

The duals are great lights, especially for the money, but you need to think about what length races you're talking about. You won't (in my experience) get more than about 90 minutes with the lights on high. I like them on high better than low, at least most of the time. You may find yourself wishing for more battery time (either an extra battery or move up to the TriNewt with longer run time).

Not sure, but I believe the extension cables are sold in a standard 36" length.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by chpfly
    I am thinking about this setup for racing this summer. The dual on the bars and the single on the helmet. Anyone else run this or have an opinion?

What length extension cord do I need in order for the helmet setup?

Thanks -
    With an X2, and a X2 dual, you are getting 450 claimed lumens for a MSRP of $415 and, only 1.5h burn time out of the X2 dual.

That does not sound that awesome to me personally.

For example, with the Dinotte 600L, you get 600 claimed lumens (150 more), MSRP of $400 ($15 less), and 3.5x2h burn time (5.5h more than X2 dual).

All this is just based on the shootout stats. I have no experience with either light. Based on the info, it looks like the dinotte has the edge, but if you can get the NiteRider stuff significantly below MSRP, that may even things out.
    Last edited by rkj__; 02-04-2008 at 03:03 PM.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Members who have read this thread: 0