Nite Rider DIY Help- Mtbr.com
    Dog is my co-pilot

New question here. Nite Rider DIY Help

I am in the process of repairing a Nite Rider 6V smart battery. The resistor on the circuit board near the ground wire end Marked R025 is burned out. Does anyone know what the values should be for this resistor? Does anyone know of a source for buying surface mount resistors in small quantities?
    race bicycles not dogs

One Gear
    Check to see if the resistor has some colored stripes on it. It's been years, but there is some code to it. Take it to a good electronics shop and they should be able to help identify it.

Dog is my co-pilot
    Its a surface mount resistor,it has no stripes or markings other than R025. If i can find out what its values are i can replace it with an old style one.
    race bicycles not dogs

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    HI Clunkin see link your resistor is 0.025Ohms http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resistor.
    Also look at the Digikey website for their catalogue to determine the physical size this will also tell you the wattage rating it will be. They will sell them individually but at least you can repair your light. I would question why the resistor has burnt out it could be some other component that has caused the resistor to act as a fuse.

Dog is my co-pilot
    Thanks that info was very helpful.
    race bicycles not dogs

Members who have read this thread: 0