Nite Rider Digital Pro 6 Redux?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Nite Rider Digital Pro 6 Redux?

Hi all. I'm new to the forums and haven't done any light hacking/building. Question, I have a 10 year old NR Digital Pro 6 and am wondering about converting it to LED or ???. Any suggestions? I'm on the 2nd giant waterbottle battery pack and NR wants a wad of cash for a new one. Batteries+ will rebuild with new cells for about $50. I'm just trying to figure out if I have any other options. It's still a pretty decent light when it has a good battery, but I hate the HUGE battery pack. I have other lights and I know it's not worth much as is, but I thought if I could get some new life out of it that would be cool. Is there any drop in LED or other type units? Battery suggestions, etc. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bandolero

Bad News

Quote Originally Posted by Borison
    I have other lights and I know it's not worth much as is, but I thought if I could get some new life out of it that would be cool. Is there any drop in LED or other type units? Battery suggestions, etc.
    I've got the exact same light. I'll be blunt. Your light sucks compared to a DIY Dinotte with a high-power LED and 4 AA batteries. It sucks so much that if you invested more than $30 dollars into it, you've spent $10 too much. Lights have evolved so much since you and I purchased that light that you can't polish that turd anymore.

You could replace the batteries, getting a Li-Ion pack that would be half the size and have more power. You'll still have less than a Dinotte and have dropped $50-70 into it.

You could rip out the digital part of your light and replace the battery with a 7.4v battery. It'll be brighter but still less bright than a Dinotte.

You could have someone machine you a drop-in and put a MC-E or other type of high power LED into it, but you'll still need new batteries.

In my opinion, you'd be better off either buying/building a new light and then scavenge the connectors and mounting brackets.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

Members who have read this thread: 0