NEW type of rear lighting- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

... and if we just ... NEW type of rear lighting

Has anyone seen anything really cool lately?

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Tell me this isn't some overly transparent attempt at viral marketing...

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Yeah, it's pretty sweet. I put one red LED blinker from MEC on each side of my seatpost so that when I turn them on I get this staggered blinking pattern. I'm super stoked!
    22 Pride

Austin, TX
    Sep 2008
    Rear lights aren't cool - front is where it's at!

Randomhead
    Sep 2008
    I just rode 5 hours in the dark in the rain on the road last night. Rear lights are where it's at. You can have a 45 lumen helmet light on the front and be perfectly safe. If you don't have a good rear light, you might as well jump into a meat grinder

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Personally on my hybrid training bike which is only used late at night when there is next to no traffic, I've got that Smart 1/2 watt LED flashing away, then I've got another LED flashing away like crazy.

I've also got 1 P7 flood and low power 400lumen MC-E on my bars, and I point the P7 Flood down at the ground so from a raised position there is a big circle of light on the floor.

If the driver still doesn't see me, hits me and I survive I think I'm more than justified to kill the idiot!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by unterhausen
    I just rode 5 hours in the dark in the rain on the road last night. Rear lights are where it's at. You can have a 45 lumen helmet light on the front and be perfectly safe. If you don't have a good rear light, you might as well jump into a meat grinder

I'm with you! I can light myself up and ride...but that still doesn't ensure that some drunk, blind, or stupid person will not drive right over me. The rear light that I use is the FlashBak Lighting System. I use it to help keep me alive. 99% of the drivers are on the road are normal people who will see my lights, and will intentionally avoid hitting me. Those are the drivers I try to make myself visible to. Hoping not to be hit by the other 1% is a total crap-shoot.
    I do agree that front lights are important, but how far can you really see at night with a front light? My front light is plenty bright, but I figure if I get hit by a car from behind....even the brightest headlight will not benefit me while laying on their hood.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by womble
    Tell me this isn't some overly transparent attempt at viral marketing...
    This is spam.

Lets RIDE!
    5 month old spam, re-heated. Mmmm.
    It's not about speed, it's about lack of control.

mtbr member
    Hey, I thought you were required to state that you were working for a company in your sig. or something...

Quote Originally Posted by AustinShredman
    I'm finishing up my MBA work at St. Edwards University....I am also doing testing and marketing for a new lighting system called the Flashbak - Bicycle Safety Light.
    See This post for the source.

Members who have read this thread: 0