NEW type of rear lighting- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AustinShredman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    28

    ... and if we just ... NEW type of rear lighting

    Has anyone seen anything really cool lately?

  2. #2
    Five is right out
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,174
    Tell me this isn't some overly transparent attempt at viral marketing...

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    778
    Yeah, it's pretty sweet. I put one red LED blinker from MEC on each side of my seatpost so that when I turn them on I get this staggered blinking pattern. I'm super stoked!
    22 Pride

  4. #4
    Austin, TX
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    89
    Rear lights aren't cool - front is where it's at!

  5. #5
    Randomhead
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,183
    I just rode 5 hours in the dark in the rain on the road last night. Rear lights are where it's at. You can have a 45 lumen helmet light on the front and be perfectly safe. If you don't have a good rear light, you might as well jump into a meat grinder

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,330
    Personally on my hybrid training bike which is only used late at night when there is next to no traffic, I've got that Smart 1/2 watt LED flashing away, then I've got another LED flashing away like crazy.

    I've also got 1 P7 flood and low power 400lumen MC-E on my bars, and I point the P7 Flood down at the ground so from a raised position there is a big circle of light on the floor.

    If the driver still doesn't see me, hits me and I survive I think I'm more than justified to kill the idiot!!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AustinShredman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by unterhausen
    I just rode 5 hours in the dark in the rain on the road last night. Rear lights are where it's at. You can have a 45 lumen helmet light on the front and be perfectly safe. If you don't have a good rear light, you might as well jump into a meat grinder

    I'm with you! I can light myself up and ride...but that still doesn't ensure that some drunk, blind, or stupid person will not drive right over me. The rear light that I use is the FlashBak Lighting System. I use it to help keep me alive. 99% of the drivers are on the road are normal people who will see my lights, and will intentionally avoid hitting me. Those are the drivers I try to make myself visible to. Hoping not to be hit by the other 1% is a total crap-shoot.
    I do agree that front lights are important, but how far can you really see at night with a front light? My front light is plenty bright, but I figure if I get hit by a car from behind....even the brightest headlight will not benefit me while laying on their hood.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by womble
    Tell me this isn't some overly transparent attempt at viral marketing...
    This is spam.

  9. #9
    Lets RIDE!
    Reputation: Jim Z in VT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,548
    5 month old spam, re-heated. Mmmm.
    It's not about speed, it's about lack of control.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dnlwthrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,276
    Hey, I thought you were required to state that you were working for a company in your sig. or something...

    Quote Originally Posted by AustinShredman
    I'm finishing up my MBA work at St. Edwards University....I am also doing testing and marketing for a new lighting system called the Flashbak - Bicycle Safety Light.
    See This post for the source.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.