MiniNewt LED upgradeable?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

MiniNewt LED upgradeable?

A friend of mine has a couple of these, 1x 100Lumen and 1x 200 lumen. I think the 200L one uses a Luxeon K2 emitter. Is there any way to upgrade these LEDs and to what? I haven't taken 1 apart yet (he still uses the 200L and carries the 100L as a back up) so I don't know if the LED is part of the driver board.

thanks!

Do It Yourself
    Yes, a friend of my put a SSC P4 U3 bin in his and StevelKnivel mentioned putting a MC-E (4P config) in for a friend of his which definitely sounded interesting (especially with an N-bin which is close to XP-G R5 in efficiency). Then there is the XM-L coming soon...

I never took mine apart when I had it but from pics I've seen there is a board the emitter sits on but I don't think there are any component on it. Nevertheless, there are a couple threads on this so just do a search. Overall, this is a relatively easy mod with high potential to greatly increase the output depending on the directly you go. The case is certainly heavy duty enough to handle some more watts than the stock setup.
    Long Live Long Rides

mtbr member
    oh, sorry Homebrew, I should have searched

off to read many threads, that'll keep me busy for a while thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I just recently put an XP-G in mine. I blew the original emiter cause I was dumb lol. So I did the replacement with no knowledge and it works great. The insides are very simple. My dremel came in handy a couple of times as well.
    All in all, if I can do it so can you.
    Sometimes your the windshield, other times just the bug. That's life. (c:
    Mountain Biking Apparel

Members who have read this thread: 0