minewt X200 and minewt 100 USB LEDs?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

minewt X200 and minewt 100 USB LEDs?

Hi everyone,

I'm a bit . I bought a U-bin SSC P4 from DX to upgrade my friend's minewt 100 USB, only to find out that it had an identical LED in it, though the new one is a bit brighter and a bluer tint. Then, when we were comparing the "upgraded" minewt USB to his X200 (about the same, give or take), I noticed that the LED in the X200 is completely different. It's smaller, with a smaller die, and the packaging is hexagonal.

Any ideas? The X200 light head is a blueish ano one, held together with allen bolts (not glued like the USB one) with a silicone washer in between the 2 halves..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattthemuppet
    Hi everyone,

I'm a bit . I bought a U-bin SSC P4 from DX to upgrade my friend's minewt 100 USB, only to find out that it had an identical LED in it, though the new one is a bit brighter and a bluer tint. Then, when we were comparing the "upgraded" minewt USB to his X200 (about the same, give or take), I noticed that the LED in the X200 is completely different. It's smaller, with a smaller die, and the packaging is hexagonal.

Any ideas? The X200 light head is a blueish ano one, held together with allen bolts (not glued like the USB one) with a silicone washer in between the 2 halves..
    Pics please.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mattthemuppet
    It's smaller, with a smaller die, and the packaging is hexagonal.
    Sounds like a Luxeon K2

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...5kzoYqh7kRL6bw

Do It Yourself
    I don't think DX is honest about the color bins on the P4. Despite the SXO advertising, the U-bin P4 leds I received were very bluish purple (blurple?) and nothing like the much more pleasing color rendering of the Magicshine P7 SXO.

Why not go with XP-G R5? I think they would work pretty well with the reflector.
    Long Live Long Rides

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew
    I don't think DX is honest about the color bins on the P4. Despite the SXO advertising, the U-bin P4 leds I received were very bluish purple (blurple?) and nothing like the much more pleasing color rendering of the Magicshine P7 SXO.

Why not go with XP-G R5? I think they would work pretty well with the reflector.
    thankfully my friend quite liked the colour and I'm planning on using his old P4 to mod my Cateye EL320, so it wasn't a waste

I considered the XP-G R5, but having to use a bare emitter put me off - the P4 is a simple job which is why I went with that. Besides, I'm busy convincing him to let me build him a triple XP-E quazzle helmet light, so this will all be pretty redundant if that goes ahead.

Members who have read this thread: 0