Magicshine batteries not covered by the Geoman recall- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Magicshine batteries not covered by the Geoman recall

I see that Geoman doesn't include the latest magicshine battery in his recall:

"Geomangear has not sold any of Magicshine's newest battery packs that are enclosed in a hard plastic case, and our engineers have not evaluated those new Magicshine battery packs that other retailers may be offering for sale. Thus, the newest Magicshine battery packs in the hard plastic case are not included in our recall."

This of course doesn't mean they are not affected by the recall issues, just that he hasn't sold any. But if anyone is interested here is a link to the new batteries. $42 is a bit high, but if you are looking:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html

This is the only place I have found sells the newest versions.

Tim
    Last edited by Wombat; 12-01-2010 at 12:55 PM.

Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat
    I see that Geoman doesn't include the latest magicshine battery in his recall:

"Geomangear has not sold any of Magicshine's newest battery packs that are enclosed in a hard plastic case, and our engineers have not evaluated those new Magicshine battery packs that other retailers may be offering for sale. Thus, the newest Magicshine battery packs in the hard plastic case are not included in our recall."

This of course doesn'tmean they are not affected by the recall issues, just that he hasn't sold any. But if anyone is interested here is a link to the new batteries. $42 is a bit high, but if you are looking:

Tim
    I picked up one of those batteries on eBay. Its actually an alluminum case with plastic end caps. Inside is (what looks like) the same 4 x 18650 battery pack with black plastic wrap that came with the original Magicshine so I wouldn't expect it to be any better or worse but who knows?

Man up
    Sep 2010
    "Hard plastic case" is confusing because I got one a couple months ago that is in a black hard plastic case, it just doesn't have the LCD screen. Is this only referring to the ones with the LCD screen?
    '08 GF Montare
    '10 Rockhopper SS
    Semper Fidelis
    02-10 SSGT of Marines
    (Most) always down for a ride in the Gville area

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat
    It's the same crappy MS battery in cute casing with LCD display.

mtbr member
    Look again Geoman has never sold this battery
    read the recall:
    # Which battery packs are included in the recall?
    All of the Magicshine battery packs that Geomangear sold between June 2009 and November 2010, including all battery packs sold with the MJ-808 and MJ-816 headlight sets and the MJ-818 taillight sets, are included in the recall. The MJ-808 and MJ-818 batteries are either shrink-wrapped and enclosed in a nylon-velcro case or enclosed in a metal canister inserted into a fabric sleeve. The MJ-816 batteries are all enclosed in the metal canister inserted into a fabric sleeve. Geomangear has not sold any of Magicshine's newest battery packs that are enclosed in a hard plastic case, and our engineers have not evaluated those new Magicshine battery packs that other retailers may be offering for sale. Thus, the newest Magicshine battery packs in the hard plastic case are not included in our recall.
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    bestofferbuy also sell that battery

Members who have read this thread: 0