Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

magic shine needs help

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  siwilliams 
#1 ·
I want to say Geoman does customer service right!!!! very fast shipping
I got my light today and all is working they say med is 500 lumens and low is 200
After many hours of testing I found that on med and low Task force flashlight blows Magic shine away also found out on a very dark bike path one magic shine is NOT going to cut it I need two of them. Right I have two task force and the one magic shine
With all three on and the magic shine on high then I really do get good light Thay show the light mounted on top of the bar but I put mine under the bar so there would be more light laded down on the ground
The light did not get hot and the charger stays cool
I am a little Disappointed and had hoped that this light was as good as people has said Hoped one would do but no way can i see this happening I will need two of them

I do not under stand the low beam it just does not really light up the road
as fair a the lumens I think they are a little off there I know med and low are for sure because task force witch is at 150 lumens just blows away magic shine on med and low.Geoman is out of stock again so I going to wate till he gets more in and try to get another one and try two of them before I pass any Judgment on the magic shine
What I know for sure was last night going down a dark bike path and having my magic shine on high
was NOT cutting it and need the help of my two task force fashlights

See less See more
#3 ·
The Taskforce flashlights I have seen are usually rated around 150 lumens.
The magic shines I have would destroy those little toy flashlights beams.:skep:
Do us a favor and post some beam shots of the magic shine vs the Taskforce lights.:thumbsup:
Maybe you have a bad magic shine or you found some Task Forces on steroids. :madman:
Don't know, but your experience seems very odd..........................

#4 ·
I have to wate till tonight to get pictures but the task force so far put's out a lot more light then magic shine at least on the med and low settings On high the magic shine needs help that is why I want to try two of them one just can not cut it
last night I ended up using the magci shine on high and two task force lights NOW that worked out very well lite up that dark bike path like car head lights

#6 ·
Don't expect the MagicShine to put out 900 lumen. 500 on high would probably be closer to the truth.
Yes I think that is the case and low no were near 200 lumen more like 90
Just now the charger is not working right I plug it in plug in the battery pack first I see a red light on the charger I lay the battery pack down it goes to green I touch the wire and now it keeps going from red to green like the connection is lose but I have it in all the to were you can feal it click in but now I do not know if it is charging or not

#9 ·
Mr AB said:
I have a fenix l2d which puts out appprox 180 on high, the high on my magishine given the wider spread must be approx 600-650 lumen.
I have two MagicShine lights, one from Geoman and one from DX, and they both put out the same amount of light. I also have a 20W halogen light rated to 450 lumen, so that is what I am comparing to. I don't think the MagicShine puts out more than 600 lumen, though it is of course impossible to estimate this subjectively.

Regarding the original question, if the high 900 lumen is actually 500-600, the low 200 lumen is probably not much over 100 lumen.

#10 ·
You must have a severly broken light mate.

My friend burrowed mine for 12 hours of telluride and here's what he had to say,

"The $89 lights worked incredibly well. Ben said that people in pits thought it was a car coming down when I had them both mounted on the bars"

I also had given him my stella 200L and he said it wasn't near as good as the MagicShines

#11 ·
I have a Lowes Task Force 2C Cree. There is no way it will "blow away" a Magic Shine. What it will do, however, is provide a very bright spot, even brighter than the Magic Shine's spot, because the TF is highly focused. All of it's 150 lumens is totally concentrated in that one tiny spot. It's great for lighting up the trail directly in front of you, but it's useless for providing flood light for your peripheral vision. As a handlebar light, it's simply too focused to provide useful illumination. However, it makes a good helmet light.

#12 ·
The kids are right, there's probably something wrong with your Magic Shine. My is the 3 mode version and 90% of the time I use the low setting (with a similar lumen helmet flashlight) riding on single track and fire trails. The only time I use high is heading downhill on fire trails or when the flashlight starts to dim.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.