• 10-11-2016
    ETChipotle
    Low temp wire for flexibility when winter riding
    Does anybody have a recommendation on a wire that works well in the winter down to about -10F or -23C?

Looking for something that will stay flexible and carry enough current for modest light output, such as for a 2 emitter light. 2 conductor wire would be nice, but when I've looked for that it was quite expensive.

So far Pomona test lead wire with silicone insulation looks like an option, but I'm guessing you folks have found something more convenient.
  • 10-11-2016
    Vancbiker
    I use a cable used for industrial sensors. It has a urethane jacket that stay pretty flexible when cold though I have never tried it at temps as low as you are looking for. Silicone insulation will be the best for those temps. I've seen a 2 conductor with silicone insulation used on RC cars. It is a paired cord like appliance "zip" cord rather than jacketed and had a red and black color. I think it was at Hobbyking but a quick Google turned up this...

https://powerwerx.com/red-black-bond...frwvfgod-bognq
  • 10-12-2016
    ETChipotle
    Thanks for the hobby king tip,

Yes, they have several gauges and colors available there. there's a category for Silicon wire (as they put it, sounds like fiber optic) under the Hardware and Accessories section.

Turnigy High Quality 20AWG Silicone Wire 1m (Black) (US Warehouse)

I can make an excuse to include some of this with an order from that place.

People who buy this wire are mad that it comes pre-cut to 1m length, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem for bike light battery connections.

I'll try to remember to update this post with results sometime in December.
  • 12-06-2016
    milliesand
    In my other hobby, people use Vacuum cleaner wire (replacement powercord or salvage from home ;) ) as it remains flexible while very cold. Easy to find locally, cheap, works.
  • 12-07-2016
    artemha